News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Drake Maye dropping?

Started by spiderblue43, March 08, 2024, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Mayeday. Mayeday. I'm sensing a downturn in Maye's position at the upper tier of the draft. His final season left some draft niks wanting more. It seees to coincide with JJ's meteoric rise into top 10 predictions.

Our heroes seem lurching to some towards qb inevitably there. Is Maye a lock to the Pats? I'm certain, however, they can find a trade partner (Raiders, Vikings, Broncos). But I don't want to trade 3 picks for him,.

I've said it before: I don't value JJ at 6. Much rather have a likely star in Nabers or Odunze.

Philosophers

Are Giants blowing smoke for JJ be ause maybe they want Maye or some other kind of subterfuge?

The time of disinformation has arrived.

Ed Vette

I don't disagree with DO on sitting him, but his upside is tremendous. It took Josh Allen a year or more to correct his mechanics. I will even quietly agree with his assessment of JJ. My only reservation there would be how he would deal with NFL pressure. I just don't know how he would be able to handle it. 

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

Perhaps, but more in the sense of Daniels rising in the Silly Season's week-to-week popularity contest whose only effect prior to the names called on 4/27 will be to cheer some and irritate others among those who actually givea.  <:-P

Cheers!

madbadger

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 08, 2024, 01:55:52 PMMayeday. Mayeday. I'm sensing a downturn in Maye's position at the upper tier of the draft. His final season left some draft niks wanting more. It seees to coincide with JJ's meteoric rise into top 10 predictions.

Our heroes seem lurching to some towards qb inevitably there. Is Maye a lock to the Pats? I'm certain, however, they can find a trade partner (Raiders, Vikings, Broncos). But I don't want to trade 3 picks for him,.

I've said it before: I don't value JJ at 6. Much rather have a likely star in Nabers or Odunze.

Last year he was playing for a new coordinator in a different scheme. If he drops someone is going to get really lucky.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Painter on March 08, 2024, 02:36:32 PMPerhaps, but more in the sense of Daniels rising in the Silly Season's week-to-week popularity contest whose only effect prior to the names called on 4/27 will be to cheers some and irritate others among those who actually givesa.  <:-P

Cheers!

Clearly, the odds of the Giants getting it qb right aren't good statiscally speaking. Yes, it's football fodder for the draft nerd, but in Maye's case, I think teams know he's not ready for primetime.

That's why I'd much rather keep the picks and find an all-pro wr type. That I feel much more certain about..and the chances of Maye dropping to us slim. Someone will mortgage their future on him, hopefully not our heroes.

katkavage

Maye does seem to be dropping. I would be shocked if the Giants do not get a QB in the first round. They can nab and excellent receiver in the second round. There are so many good ones out there, it's crazy.

Painter

I'm not opposed to the Giant taking a QB at 6, but there are 2 things about which I wouldn't assume: a) Rising steam from a pile tells us anything, and b) Whether Maye is dropping or McCarthy rising, the odds of the Giants taking one of them may be no better than the odds of his proving to be a fran...never mind.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

I would absolutely love to get Maye.

I'll be very surprised if he drops out of the top three.