News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Runyan G signed

Started by MightyGiants, March 11, 2024, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 11, 2024, 02:54:53 PMI will leave to those with more knowledge than I have about him . Is he any good ?

Average at best, but better than what the Giants have seen in some time
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He battled injury last season and then was platooned at RG.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Those PFF numbers don't scream "10 million/year" to me.  They look similar to what Glowinski's scores looked like prior to joing the Giants if I remember correctly.

gregf

Love getting a starting guard. But agree those are very average PFF #s

andrew_nyGiants

Seems we over paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 11, 2024, 03:04:43 PMSeems we over paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On day one of free agency, that's a given
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Brooklyn Dave

" Ruyan is a plus pass protector on nthe interior with considerable starting experience at both guard spots over his rookie contract  operating well in a phone booth with a solid anchor against power rushers. However, the former 6th rounder can get his feet crossed up and end up on the ground morev frequently then you would like, particularly when asked to pull or reach block"

Top free agent comparison Quinton Spain 2020

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

https://x.com/nickfalato/status/1767263380786581711?s=20

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
The #Giants sign former Packer OG Jon Runyan to a three-year, $30 million, including $17 million guaranteed, per
@AdamSchefter

Runyan is 26 y/o with 3,330 snaps under his belt, 1,611 snaps at LG, and 1,709 at RG.

Runyan has allowed 64 pressures in his career and surrendered 7 sacks...He allowed 22 pressures and 2 sacks last season while committing 6 penalties - he's committed 8 in his career.

Schoen got his guy to fortify the IOL
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

His numbers aren't earth shattering, but I believe he is an improvement over anyone we had playing guard last season. And hopefully our new OL Coach can bring him up a notch or two. I hope this doesn't nix our drafting a guard in what is supposed to be a strong O-Line draft though.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

T200

My only questions are how does he handle stunts and inside twists and can he pull in the run game?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on March 11, 2024, 03:38:17 PMMy only questions are how does he handle stunts and inside twists and can he pull in the run game?
he's somewhat clumsy as the rumor goes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin