News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Grade Joe Schoen's offseason

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 11, 2024, 04:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: zephirus on March 11, 2024, 05:14:21 PM"They did it last year, so I'm numb to it," the running back said when asked about the franchise tag. "I don't have any feelings toward that at all.  If you're gonna do it, just don't wait until March 5," Barkley said. "Just get it over with. If not, let me go. Simple."

That's not a ringing endorsement from Barkley that he wanted to be back.  The Giants offered him a multi-year deal last off-season that he turned down.  It's clear that Schoen and Barkley's representation were not close on a contract that represented the value Schoen believed Barkley brought with what Barkley's representation thought he deserved.  That's just a business decision and while losing a great player stings, it's a part of football. 

the giants disrespected saaquok at every turn and he still wanted to be a giant for life. Should have just shown him respect LAST year and he would've stayed for less
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 11, 2024, 05:13:01 PMhuh? I'm the one person that was completely against signing Jones from the beginning so I have no clue what you're talking about other than being ridiculously emotional in every thread over an oft injured RB and a Qb that won't be here next year.

Singletary has always been in a stable and not a feature back hence why he was paid like a stable back.

The offseason just started you have no clue if Jones will be the Qb, take a deep breath and slow down on spamming every single thread with the sake thing. We get it you don't like schoen and Jones but love saquan.
I haven't been on this board to know your Jones stance calm down.

And let's not talk about emotional given your tantrums whenever someone criticizes JJ Mcartthy. If you don't like my opinion or threads feel free to stay out of them
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Trench

This will be a very good sign as comparing $ with Saquon. Let it play out.

JT39

JT39

So far we got:

Two upgrades at Guard
A premiere edge rusher
A productive RB at a very good price

And we let two overrated players walk away who never helped us win.

Might be one of the better days for the Giants in the last 15 years.

LennG

Quote from: JT39 on March 11, 2024, 09:06:50 PMSo far we got:

Two upgrades at Guard
A premiere edge rusher
A productive RB at a very good price

And we let two overrated players walk away who never helped us win.

Might be one of the better days for the Giants in the last 15 years.

Just when did McKinney become over-rated? He was the highest-rated safety, played every snap of t he season, and had a great season. I wished the Giants had kept him.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

coggs

Quote from: LennG on March 11, 2024, 09:15:37 PMJust when did McKinney become over-rated? He was the highest-rated safety, played every snap of t he season, and had a great season. I wished the Giants had kept him.
Not so much HE is overrated.  It is just, like Barkley, plays a position that is not worth investing heavy money.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:16:50 PM- Let Barkley walk for nothing

- Let Xavier walk for nothing

- Signed a below average RB for 3 years 15 MILLION!!!!!!!!

- Overpaid for an average Oline

Meanwhile we are stuck with his abominable Waller contract, no safety, the worst starting QB contract in the league,

Schoen has not improved this team 1% since taking over after Gettleman's mess. He has missed over and over and over again (Parris Cambell, Mark Glowinski, , and now we are once again on our way to full rebuild. Why did we not start this during the season? I sense 4-13 year with him throwing the Genius Brian Daboll under the bus to save his ass.

HE GETS AN F+ FOR ME. Total disaster.

If he throws Daboll under a bus, train or trash compactor before 2025 then he gets a solid A from me.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: zephirus on March 11, 2024, 04:59:59 PMNobody walks for nothing.  They go into the algorithm that's used to define compensatory picks next year.  Both players expressed displeasure with the Giants and it's pretty evident they didn't want to come back.  We want players, not prisoners.  As much as it hurts to lose them, I applaud a GM who assigns value to players and doesn't deviate from the strategy and over-pay, especially at positions like running-back and safety where there is typically deep value in the draft. 

So far he's making some relatively low cost signings which I think is great.  This team is not one player or two or even three from competing for a championship.  I'd rather construct through the draft, over time, than keep making expensive swings for the fence.  I don't anticipate the Giants being a contender next year, and that's okay.  The Giants made a mistake last off-season by signing Jones to the extension they did and giving Barkley franchise money.  It's gonna take a season to undo that.  It might even take 2 if they're not thrilled with the quarterbacks available at #6 and decide to revisit in 2025.  Show some patience. 

Burns trade was not low cost . I echo all those who say, let's wait until this and the draft is over before we praise or condemn Schoen.