News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

We got them now!

Started by Messiah717, March 11, 2024, 06:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messiah717

Watch out NFL as the Giants have begun yet another rebuild.  How does anyone still have faith in this bumbling organization?  They haven't known if they're coming or going for over a decade now.  We get to head into another wasted season full of losing.

EliWasrobbed

Schoen needs to answer for why he didn't look to trade Xavier and Saquon during the season.

He's one JJ Mcarthy away from surpassing Dave Gettleman as worst GM in Giants history.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Messiah717 on March 11, 2024, 06:08:38 PMWatch out NFL as the Giants have begun yet another rebuild.  How does anyone still have faith in this bumbling organization?  They haven't known if they're coming or going for over a decade now.  We get to head into another wasted season full of losing.
M: I get where you're coming from, but we have no choice but to give them the full free-agency period plus the draft before starting to worry about that. I agree there's reason to worry, but if things were as bad as you seem to indicate, then the bar is really LOW for them to do a better job than they did the last time! Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

JT39

I rather a total rebuild than plugging leaks with a band aid.

We are building from the inside out - ignoring fungible positions. There seems to be an actual plan in place for the future. Yesterday was a great day for the Giants. Now go get the QB (Maye or McCarthy would be great additions). Get a WR in the second round.

For the first time in a long time - I am actually excited seeing where this team is going.

JT39

And if you cant figure out why they didnt trade McKinney last year - then you are not paying attention. They wanted McKinney back and offered him more than what he is worth. The offer was 15 million a year. He wanted more. And he got more. He had no loyalty ever to the Giants and was never truly a team player as his selfish actions in the past show. Plus, his social media posts also indicated that he had very little loyalty to the team.

These are the guys you DONT want on the team. Schoen does not have to answer a single question about McKinney. He is not that good. He is not a playmaker. And we will be better off long term without him.

President Rick

why trade for a player who will be FA's anyway and you'd have to pay their high salaries AND give up something else to get them?  usually better to wait and use FA.  Before FA there were more trades, because it was basically the only way to pry loose a player you wanted.  Now you just wait for FA.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

uconnjack8

Its not a rebuild when you are splurging on the 1st day of FA.  Its an attempt to become relevant quickly.  Rebuilding teams generally don't trade 2nd day picks for the right to sign a guy to a huge contract.  Get ready to party like its 2016.

londonblue

If we had kept Saquon and McKinney, extending them last year or paying them this, we do not have the ability to make the trade for Burns. Schoen has a very strong belief in positional value (albeit a modernised one that sees DT and G and MLB as valuable).

IMO it is a rebuild but slow rebuilds are almost history in the NFL, arguably bar the Texans but they have such a low profile they could do it.

QB is the elephant in the room but it will need a ton of luck to solve that this year so in the meantime I currently expect Schoen to upgrade high value positions. I am thinking WR at 6 and CB at 47 but we will see if FA changes that.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

killarich

I don't know if this is really a rebuild

If you look at it , we upgraded 3 PREMIUM positions

Did not overpay for RB and replaced RB with one half the price who while not as flashy is very efficient... and if the o-line pieces along with a new o-line coach pan out we may not even notice a drop off

Safety is still a concern .... Just pray Belton pops off

QB is the major question mark ..... idk if that gets addressed in the draft ..... but I don't think we should reach ..... especially if the top 3 are gone and a bonafide #1 receiver is available at 6

I don't see it as a rebuild .... I just think we reset the foundation .... Which is now at the trenches ..... aka O-line and possibly if it works out one of the best D-lines in the league

I don't hate Adore .... I wouldn't mind him being resigned

Draft WR at 6 unless one of the qb's drop

And maybe a safety at 47 ?

I would not mind a DT honestly

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 12, 2024, 10:21:38 AMIts not a rebuild when you are splurging on the 1st day of FA.  Its an attempt to become relevant quickly.  Rebuilding teams generally don't trade 2nd day picks for the right to sign a guy to a huge contract.  Get ready to party like its 2016.
I would hardly call any of those signings except for Burns a splurge. They look like plugs for obvious holes and not nearly the best players on the Market. Let's see how the contracts break down.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

The rebuild cannot commence without a young QB. Simple as that. 2024 we know will be a nothing much year unless a miracle occurs.But if the QB of the future is not here in 2024 then the rebuild is pushed back yet another year.

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on March 12, 2024, 11:01:00 AMThe rebuild cannot commence without a young QB. Simple as that. 2024 we know will be a nothing much year unless a miracle occurs.But if the QB of the future is not here in 2024 then the rebuild is pushed back yet another year.
kat: Like Ed said, we don't know if THEY think they are rebuilding.

IMO, much of the answer to that question depends on their view of Jones and his health.

It's unlikely we'll ever know about what doctors are telling them about Jones, so all we can do is sit and wait.

Bob

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 12, 2024, 11:12:44 AMkat: Like Ed said, we don't know if THEY think they are rebuilding.

IMO, much of the answer to that question depends on their view of Jones and his health.

It's unlikely we'll ever know about what doctors are telling them about Jones, so all we can do is sit and wait.

Bob
Jones' health is almost immaterial. Even when healthy, he's never shown anything beyond middle of the road Qbing. If they want a future of hope for more than mediocrity, they must upgrade that position, if they can. His health is an excuse now to cut him loose sooner than later.

uconnjack8

Quote from: katkavage on March 12, 2024, 11:01:00 AMThe rebuild cannot commence without a young QB. Simple as that. 2024 we know will be a nothing much year unless a miracle occurs.But if the QB of the future is not here in 2024 then the rebuild is pushed back yet another year.

I will be surprised if they draft a QB at this point.  It looks like they are trying to improve the cast around Jones to give him a chance to throw the ball.  At least that's my interpretation of signing to guards that have graded well as pass blockers. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on March 12, 2024, 11:18:06 AMJones' health is almost immaterial. Even when healthy, he's never shown anything beyond middle of the road Qbing. If they want a future of hope for more than mediocrity, they must upgrade that position, if they can. His health is an excuse now to cut him loose sooner than later.
kat: Bold part is true, but the operative factor will be what THEY believe he CAN show with a better line. Bob