News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

State of play heading into FA day 2

Started by londonblue, March 12, 2024, 05:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 12, 2024, 08:20:00 AM@londonblue

Excellent summary  =D> Just one update, CB DW signed elsewhere

Even having slept on it and listened to two podcasts on the subject, I am still at a loss in terms of understanding what the Giants are thinking in terms of overall vision and strategy.  The heavy spending suggests that perhaps they see a big cap reduction in booting DJ from their roster in the future.  On the other hand, the spending of draft capital limits their ability to ensure they get a QB prospect they want.

Perhaps a lesser QB like Rattler or Pratt is in the team's future.

Schoen continues the Giant's trend of having one foot in the rebuild camp and the other foot in the win now camp.  I am not sure that success is possible with this approach.
If you are thinking re-build in the terms of trade as many as you can for picks and build, it will never work in NFL.  I think it is simple, he is putting cap resources into what he (and most) deem the more important positions (OL, CB, DL, QB) and possibly WR.  RBs are just not worth it.  1) They are too reliant on the OL.  2) they take a beating.  3) the "gamebreakers" dont really break games.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 12, 2024, 10:37:38 AM3 moves I'd like to see today:

Sign Calvin Ridley and cut Slayton

Sign Tredavious White, Adoree, or Gilmore to a 1 year prove it deal to give Hawkins 1 more year to develop.

And sign a space eater at DT.

On a side note, I thought Nunez Roches signed a 2 or 3 year deal but most places have him as a FA.

Nunez Roches is listed on the Giants roster at Over The Cap and Ourlads
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: zephirus on March 12, 2024, 11:03:01 AMNo, they don't.  It certainly wouldn't be a surprise, but I would be equally not as surprised if they don't pick a quarterback.  Hate Jones all you want, and with good reason, but nothing that transpired yesterday predicates a drafting of a quarterback, at least not in the first round.  Schoen did already say that backup would need to be addressed and Taylor moving on yesterday does solidify the backup need.

We are taking a QB in either round 1 or 2, bet my SAVINGS on it.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.