News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What do you guys want at #47 ?

Started by killarich, March 12, 2024, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

With #6 I want a bonafide #1 WR .... unless one of the top QB's drop

Im torn between Safety or DT (Specifically a run stuffing DT)

If a safety drops that would be great .... But do we just roll with Belton and see how he pans out ?

But damn I think I am leaning towards DT... We may have possibly built one of the best D-Lines in the league .... I think getting a DT next to Sexy Dexy who can stuff the line not only makes us successful in the trenches .... but doing so can help our secondary... the good ole spags mentality

With Williams gone, would not mind resigning Adore if the price is right 

JT39

There's a ton of WRs in this draft worth exploring at 47. Guys like Laggette, Corley, maybe Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, etc...

I really wanted Mitchell at 39, but that seems like a pipe dream for him to drop to 47. A 6'4 sub 4.4 guy is exactly we  need.

killarich

Quote from: JT39 on March 12, 2024, 10:55:03 AMThere's a ton of WRs in this draft worth exploring at 47. Guys like Laggette, Corley, maybe Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, etc...

I really wanted Mitchell at 39, but that seems like a pipe dream for him to drop to 47. A 6'4 sub 4.4 guy is exactly we  need.

OK if you want Receiver at 47 who do you want at 6 ?

My only issue with that is... I like Hyatt and Wandale.... and think they can be above average receivers but as #2 and #3 receivers

I get the feeling they NEED a true #1 Receiver to garner that attention to become above average

I feel like waiting for #47 gets us another receiver at the level of Wandale and Hyatt ..... I want more of a sure thing

But I could be wrong

JT39

Quote from: killarich on March 12, 2024, 10:58:55 AMOK if you want Receiver at 47 who do you want at 6 ?

My only issue with that is... I like Hyatt and Wandale.... and think they can be above average receivers but as #2 and #3 receivers

I get the feeling they NEED a true #1 Receiver to garner that attention to become above average

I feel like waiting for #47 gets us another receiver at the level of Wandale and Hyatt ..... I want more of a sure thing

But I could be wrong

Maye or McCarthy at 6.

EDjohnst1981

Nabers at 6 unless MHJ is there.

JT39

Kill,

If you notice around the league, a lot of very good WRs come after round 1. Especially in round 2.

AJ Brown
Metcalf
Adams
Higgins
Kupp
Nacua
Hill
Diggs
Samuel
Aiyuk
Allen
McLaurin

And I am sure there a few more. I understand your point on the two we got, but I think class is especially deep where many would usually go round 1 in any other year.

londonblue

Assuming WR at 6 I think best CB or DT available will probably be the plan.

If there is not good value we have enough holes that you can justify pretty much anything even including an Edge as Ojulari is in his final year and not looking like an extension candidate.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MagicRat

The best player available.
Draft the player, not the position.
Smell my cheese you mother!

killarich

Quote from: JT39 on March 12, 2024, 11:11:25 AMKill,

If you notice around the league, a lot of very good WRs come after round 1. Especially in round 2.

AJ Brown
Metcalf
Adams
Higgins
Kupp
Nacua
Hill
Diggs
Samuel
Aiyuk
Allen
McLaurin

And I am sure there a few more. I understand your point on the two we got, but I think class is especially deep where many would usually go round 1 in any other year.

I agree with you... its possible

But I feel like the MHJ , Nabers are sure things

I would love to get Metcalf, Hill etc in the second. But we also risk getting another Wandale or Hyatt. Which like I said are good players. But I don't want to compliment a player with yet another complimentary player........

Its more about the CHANCE to me than anything. Just give me Nabers and build the team

andrew_nyGiants

Whose against bringing back Leo at a discount?

Trade down 2x from #6 collect picks and build this damn roster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

katkavage

They can't still get a very good receiver in round two. That's what I would target assuming they make a move to get a QB at 6. As it stands now, the Giants have two good backup QBs, and a third who is practice squad material.

zephirus

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 14, 2024, 03:53:44 PMWhose against bringing back Leo at a discount?

Trade down 2x from #6 collect picks and build this damn roster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know why we don't advocate trading down more often.  Especially if you're in a position to leverage multiple teams bidding against each other, trading down when you don't "like" the board is great.  If we could trade down a few spots and still get someone like a Brock Bowers, that's an absolute coup.  Adds a receiving threat, addresses a questionable position, and we pick up some extra draft capital.

bamagiantfan

For a second I thought this topic was a question about who we wanted for our next president.  :laugh:
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

GloryDays

Quote from: JT39 on March 12, 2024, 10:55:03 AMThere's a ton of WRs in this draft worth exploring at 47. Guys like Laggette, Corley, maybe Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, etc...

Ladd McConkey will go much higher than most think.. he will go in the 1st. On the 2nd tier I like Leggette and Corley.
If we go WR in the first, hopefully McConkey after a trade down to around 20, I would love to get a DT at 47, or with the compensation pick from our trading back, Sweat or Fiske can make our D line dominating.

With the next 3 picks, I want a TE (Sinnott) A swing tackle (Rosengarten) and an RB (Shipley or Davis), in that order.

bamagiantfan

If they don't move up or down I would be happy with Bowers at #6. He has been a man among boys in the SEC for two years. He could be the Pro-Bowl TE they thought they were getting with Waller. That's what you need to get with a top 10 pick. In the second round they need someone who can step in as a starter or in a rotation right away, mid-season at latest. Safety, and DT make sense but CB, RB, and WR are all in play. QB is still an option too as Pennix or Nix may still be there.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)