News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What do you guys want at #47 ?

Started by killarich, March 12, 2024, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

Quote from: bamagiantfan on March 14, 2024, 06:06:49 PMIf they don't move up or down I would be happy with Bowers at #6. He has been a man among boys in the SEC for two years. He could be the Pro-Bowl TE they thought they were getting with Waller. That's what you need to get with a top 10 pick. In the second round they need someone who can step in as a starter or in a rotation right away, mid-season at latest. Safety, and DT make sense but CB, RB, and WR are all in play. QB is still an option too as Pennix or Nix may still be there.

A Bowers-Nix start to the draft would be about as disappointing a scenario as I could imagine.

Passing on Nabers / Odunze would be a mistake, in my opinion. These are guys who could have a Justin Jefferson-level impact on the team. With Bowers, I don't see him cracking the top 5 TEs (meaning Laporta level).

And I'm not at all interested in the second tier QBs and think they'd be wasted picks.

I agree with killa that I want a #1 WR at #6, and I'd then go BPA at #47 between CB, DT, and OL. If the grades are close, my preference would be CB.

Jolly Blue Giant

It all depends on who we get in the first. I suspect we'll go for one of the top rated WRs, but I'd prefer that we trade down and get another 2nd and another pick

In the 2nd round, I would love to see us snag DE/DT Braden Fiske (I will celebrate loudly if we land him). Throwing him in the mix with Dex, Thibs, and Barnes and we have the best DL in the NFL, bar none. If he's gone, then I like LB Payton Wilson. If both are off the board, I like CB Mike Sainristil a lot

I love Fiske and hope he lasts that long. And Payton Wilson's numbers are great, but his tenacity at getting to players is crazy (how many 4.3 LBs have you ever heard of?...he has chased down WRs the length of the field and passing safeties)...dittos with Fiske (ridiculous speed out of a big man. Both were the most tenacious of all the competition at their spot - relentless and FAST. Wilson does exactly what he should do, and locate the ball, go get the ball, and never take your eyes off the ball. I can't imagine how good our LBs would be with him next to Okereke

A lot of boards have the Cowboys taking Payton Wilson early. In fact, one Cowboy analyst compares Wilson's aggressiveness and tenacity to Micah Parsons and laughs, "whew, can you imagine having another Parsons in the backfield. Only difference is, Wilson has a good personality..."

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ralphpal1

Puka nuna went in the 5th.
Quinten Johnston went in the first

uconnjack8

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: JT39 on March 12, 2024, 11:06:22 AMMaye or McCarthy at 6.

Maye or bust. McCarthy is a repeat of Jones all over again no thank you
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 12, 2024, 10:58:55 AMOK if you want Receiver at 47 who do you want at 6 ?

My only issue with that is... I like Hyatt and Wandale.... and think they can be above average receivers but as #2 and #3 receivers

I get the feeling they NEED a true #1 Receiver to garner that attention to become above average

I feel like waiting for #47 gets us another receiver at the level of Wandale and Hyatt ..... I want more of a sure thing

But I could be wrong
have we not just seen what CJ stroud did with a poor OLine and mediocre WRs?

We get our franchise guy it doesn't matter who are WRs are
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

killarich

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:17:35 PMhave we not just seen what CJ stroud did with a poor OLine and mediocre WRs?

We get our franchise guy it doesn't matter who are WRs are

Yea I think we need to stop comparing our situation to others at this point

Brady is obviously the GOAT

But Brady is also probably last great QB who will have literally zero mobility

He would have gotten destroyed with this O-line ..... Mahomes yea would probably make it work ..... every situation has multiple and different factors

I'm not saying Jones doesn't exhibit tunnel vision or lock on receivers

But I'm not also going to act like we have WRs who can consistently get open .... Because we don't

This is exactly why I want a bonafide #1 WR unless one of the top 3 QBs drop

And McCarthy is NOT one of them

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building