News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Free agency score card

Started by MightyGiants, March 16, 2024, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

#NYGiants free agency scoreboard

New
OLB Brian Burns *via trade + extension
G Jon Runyan Jr.
G/T Jermaine Eluemunor
RB Devin Singletary
QB Drew Lock
DB Jalen Mills
G Aaron Stinnie
WR/ST Isaiah McKenzie
C/G Austin Schlottmann
TE Jack Stoll
TE Chris Manhertz

Gone
RB Saquon Barkley
S Xavier McKinney
G Ben Bredeson

Back
LS Casey Kreiter
DB/ST Nick McCloud
LB/ST Carter Coughlin
WR/ST Gunner Olszewski
TE Lawrence Cager
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I think this the first year when we can fairly assess Schoen.  The first year was CAP hell and the second year was CAP heck.  This year they are at least in decent shape.  So we'll see.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

uconnjack8

I like the signings for the OL.  Feel like there is a reasonable chance 2 of them will provide a big improvement at their respective positions.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 16, 2024, 05:01:17 PMNow work on CB.
There are a ton of really good CBs, Safeties, and Dlinemen that could be had for cheap and I think we could use one of all three.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 16, 2024, 05:18:44 PMThere are a ton of really good CBs, Safeties, and Dlinemen that could be had for cheap and I think we could use one of all three.

Feel like the DT group in the draft is pretty solid. 

londonblue

There is definitely still scope to add one of the remaining decent CB or S on a prove it free agency deal pre draft. I think Schoen will try but we are not necessarily the biggest pocket or biggest draw.

There are not a ton of good, penetrating 3T with pass rush chops in the draft. Lots of lighter 43 4/5T or big hole plugging 0/1T but maybe only 4-5 guys that fit our specific need. Ceri would offer more detailed insight than me here but in Nacho, Davidson and Riley we have hole pluggers aplenty.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.