News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Justin Fields to the steelers

Started by brownelvis54, March 16, 2024, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

WOW..so cheap too. I just said "no way does Fields go for a 4th round pick, boy was I wrong
Bears Trade QB Justin Fields to the Steelers for a 2025 6th Round pick that becomes a 4th Round pick based on playing time:

https://nypost.com/2024/03/16/sports/bears-trading-justin-fields-to-steelers-in-bombshell-move/

The KING is in the building

EliWasrobbed

just another example of trash Schoen being an awful GM. a 6th rounder?!?! Next year?!?! They might not even be around next year!!

This guy is worse than Gettleman. So similar to how poorly the Jets mismanaged the Zach Rodgers situation last year.

Yet another case for them 100% going QB in the draft. #DontDraftJJTheDunce
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

For me, this increases the likelihood that we're looking to draft a QB in the first round. I just don't see how else you pass this up if you're us. A 6th rounder base case for a guy on his rookie contract still is practically free. I don't see how you don't get involved in that unless you basically know you're drafting a QB (and don't think Fields is anything special).

shadowspinner0

You see teams getting rid of QB's as soon as they realize they aren't the guy yet the Giants are still trying to make Daniel Jones happen heading into year 6 smh

Also how does this lock us into drafting a QB unless we trade up with a team who shouldn't trade down? The first 3 picks will be QB's and Giants will have to settle for QB 4. 

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 16, 2024, 07:13:48 PMFor me, this increases the likelihood that we're looking to draft a QB in the first round. I just don't see how else you pass this up if you're us. A 6th rounder base case for a guy on his rookie contract still is practically free. I don't see how you don't get involved in that unless you basically know you're drafting a QB (and don't think Fields is anything special).

I tend to agree....a 6th rounder??!!?  Why the hell not...even if it turns out to be a 4th rounder because how good Fields is. Also why the Steelers? Didnt they just get Russel Wilson. This seems odd

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 16, 2024, 07:20:24 PMI tend to agree....a 6th rounder??!!?  Why the hell not...even if it turns out to be a 4th rounder because how good Fields is. Also why the Steelers? Didnt they just get Russel Wilson. This seems odd

I agree it's all perplexing. Maybe Fields believes Wilson will only be there for a year and that he can be the long term guy there.

One thing is clear: the league in general isn't very high on him.

Jclayton92

I knew it wouldn't be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

brownelvis54

Stealers get Wilson and Fields for basically FREE.

NY Giants get Daniel Jones in 2024 with his fully guaranteed $35 million salary, Drew Lock 5 million and Cutlets

:surrender:

Philosophers

Justin Fields is not leading any team to the promised land.  He's a better version of Daniel Jones but he is not CJ Stroud.

Ed Vette

Wilson is a F/A next season. Fields is also unless they exercise his 5th year option. Why would they.

So which organization is more dysfunctional? It ain't the Giants. Sitting pretty at six.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

sxdxca38

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on March 16, 2024, 07:18:11 PMYou see teams getting rid of QB's as soon as they realize they aren't the guy yet the Giants are still trying to make Daniel Jones happen heading into year 6 smh

Also how does this lock us into drafting a QB unless we trade up with a team who shouldn't trade down? The first 3 picks will be QB's and Giants will have to settle for QB 4. 

I appreciate what you are saying here, but it's really not that simple.

The Bears have the #1 pick this year, and this allows them to draft Caleb Williams.

If they did not have the #1 pick, and only had the 9th pick in the draft, they more than likely would have had to have stuck with Justin Fields for another year.

Similarly, the Giants do not have the #1 pick in the draft, and the first three picks will more than likely all be QB's taken, and the Giants then have the sixth pick.

They are making the most out of a difficult spot to be in, which more than likely is forcing their hand to give Daniel Jones another year.

DaveBrown74

That it's this inexpensive and straightforward to get someone serviceable and arguably still with some upside like Fields shows how utterly insane it is to hand a big contract with a large guarantee to someone like Jones, just because he had one ok season out of four. The Bucs have fallen into the same trap with Mayfield.

The QB market is a haves versus have nots market. You either have a really good one, or you don't. Most team don't, obviously. If you don't, the one thing you don't do is try to pretend you do and hand a mediocre QB serious money. That is a much more harmful thing to a team than drafting a QB with a high pick who doesn't pan out.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 16, 2024, 07:27:04 PMStealers get Wilson and Fields for basically FREE.

NY Giants get Daniel Jones in 2024 with his fully guaranteed $35 million salary, Drew Lock 5 million and Cutlets

:surrender:

New signature

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

We are 100% trading the FARM to take Maye at 3

Drake Maye enthusiast.