News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

At least NYG didn't make the worst FA moves list

Started by MightyGiants, March 18, 2024, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

So, for these moves are they are saying the Eagles signing Devon White was a big mistake?

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 18, 2024, 11:11:32 AMSo, for these moves are they are saying the Eagles signing Devon White was a big mistake?

5. DEVIN WHITE TO PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (ONE YEAR, UP TO $7.5 MILLION)
It is no secret that the linebacker play has been a big issue for the Philadelphia Eagles recently. Nakobe Dean has not developed how most had hoped and free agent Zach Cunningham was a liability in coverage, so we knew linebacker would be near the top of the list of positions to get fixed via free agency and the 2024 NFL Draft.

The Eagles agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $7.5 million with former Buccaneers LB Devin White on Thursday. White, still 26, is coming off one of the worst seasons of his career, in which he was benched halfway through the season for K.J. Britt.

White was one of the bigger names left at linebacker, but he was far from the player he was at LSU and during his rookie year. The Eagles are only tied to White for one year, but if they think White will fix to their linebacker struggles, they could be in for a rude awakening.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2024-nfl-free-agency-ranking-9-worst-early-moves/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Boy was I wrong on Nakobe Dean.  Thought he was going to be a great pick for them. 

As for White, he is still good.  I think he gets a better DL in front of him in Philly than he had over the last couple of years in Tampa.  His rookie year that line was pretty stacked.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 18, 2024, 11:21:57 AMBoy was I wrong on Nakobe Dean.  Thought he was going to be a great pick for them. 

As for White, he is still good.  I think he gets a better DL in front of him in Philly than he had over the last couple of years in Tampa.  His rookie year that line was pretty stacked.

I liked Dean too, especially where they picked him. I understood why he fell and thought that might happen, but I still thought he'd deliver some value.

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 18, 2024, 11:21:57 AMBoy was I wrong on Nakobe Dean.  Thought he was going to be a great pick for them. 

uconn: I teeter-tottered back and forth when he came out. I knew he was a very smart kid but wondered how long he could hold up playing with the "big boys" at his size. In the end, I wasn't happy the Eagles got him, but also didn't want the Giants to take him. I think the "size" thing is/was just more than he could overcome. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!