News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you be happy or upset if this is how the top of the draft shook out?

Started by MightyGiants, April 01, 2024, 11:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

I'd be happy with it. Drafting a QB will always carry risk, but it's a shot worth taking with a guy like Maye.

Painter

Quote from: jgrangers2 on April 01, 2024, 11:40:18 AMI'd be happy with it. Drafting a QB will always carry risk, but it's a shot worth taking with a guy like Maye.

I agree but only at 6 and not for McCarthy.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Disappointed. I think Maye is going to be a good quarterback eventually but he's gonna have to sit a year or two to fix his bad habits, but the pressure to play the sixth pick overall early might be too great to resist. Can't think of a worse scenario in the NY market than to force a guy into a position where he isn't ready to succeed and he gets destroyed by the media and fans for it.

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

Quote from: President Rick on April 01, 2024, 12:58:51 PMwe have so many needs/  trade down and get some players

I would love for the Broncos to trade their two first-rounders and the Giants to grab Nix at 11 and still have a pick to bolster one of their other critical needs.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

I'm not a big believer in Maye, so no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

No for me as well.  Get studs in round 1 and 2, pray for DJ or Lock to step up and if not go QB in 2025.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Pretty upset to be honest.  I'm not a big fan of Maye and if there's a team willing to trade up for him, like the Broncos, I say let em.  The difference between Maye and Nix and Penix and even Rattler to me are pretty small so if they can pick up another 1st round pick and still take one of those other QBs later on, I feel like that's quite a haul. If they stand pat and the draft falls that way I would prefer to see Rome or Nabers and pretty much nobody else in that 6 spot.

Bob In PA

I'd be greatly surprised to learn real NFL people believe Maye is a better bet than Odunze. But I'll accept it. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

katkavage

Like everyone on this board, I'm not QB scout expert. If the Giants took Maye at sixth, I would have to trust that Schoen and company did their due diligence and decided he was the guy for them. I would trust that they took him not just because the Giants need a QB, but that they really thought he could succeed as a Giant. But in my not very educated opinion, I would prefer Daniels and/or McCarthy and possibly even Penix over Maye. What do I know? I just know the Giants desperately need a QB this year and not to start in September but for the future.

Brooklyn Dave

The answer to your question is NO , I would be happy with that draft . If we don't get Odunze, Nabers or  Ault .I will be very disappointed . All I remember is the last time we traded down we missed out on MIcah Parsons .