News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Meet RB Dante Miller, the newest New York Giant

Started by MightyGiants, April 05, 2024, 01:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Great story! Thanks for sharing!!

So style (and hopefully production )wise are we looking at a Little Joe type or an Ahmad Bradshaw?

If he fills either set of cleats we win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

We need a new good against-all-odds RB story on this team with Sandro Platzgummer fever now a thing of the past.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 05, 2024, 05:28:09 PMWe need a new good against-all-odds RB story on this team with Sandro Platzgummer fever now a thing of the past.

Funny but the guy I am thinking of is Dave Megett.  When the Giants drafted in a latter round and he went onto success, I remember reading that Washington fired their Baltimore area scout because they were so mad he was not even on their radar.  He went to Towson State University.

Jclayton92

https://youtu.be/uDAssmrfcek?feature=shared

Highlights from the young man's personal youtube channel

Jclayton92

Seems like a 1 cut back just like Singletary, Gray, and Corbin.

Completely comfortable letting those 4 Duke it out in camp and preseason. We've got to start developing cheap talent that hits.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 05, 2024, 07:42:37 PMSeems like a 1 cut back just like Singletary, Gray, and Corbin.

Completely comfortable letting those 4 Duke it out in camp and preseason. We've got to start developing cheap talent that hits.

I'll be very surprised if we don't draft a RB this year. I'm not suggesting they will use a high pick, but I think you'll see them take one by the 4th or 5th round. Singletary is a decent back but he's a complementary/committee guy. They'll need someone else who they're fairly confident is NFL caliber. There really isn't anyone else you can confidently say that about in this room right now. I personally think they'll want another option. I guess the alternative would be a late camp cutdown type guy on the cheap, but my personal prediction is they'll draft someone in the mid to later rounds.

Rosehill Jimmy

I read somewhere we're ST coaches have been dissecting the new KO rules and already designing returns they feel would work well.  The feeling is smaller, really fast guys might be extremely effective and Miller certainly qualifies on both counts
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giantleap56

Dave Megett and Ahmad Bradshaw vibes.

Ed Vette

If he can catch out of the backfield and pass protect, he has a chance of sticking.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Is Marty Domres still available as a back-up? We can send Mr. Peabody and Sherman in the Way Back Machine <> to retrieve the All-Ivy league qb from 1968..too. ROAR Lions!

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 05, 2024, 08:05:47 PMI'll be very surprised if we don't draft a RB this year. I'm not suggesting they will use a high pick, but I think you'll see them take one by the 4th or 5th round. Singletary is a decent back but he's a complementary/committee guy. They'll need someone else who they're fairly confident is NFL caliber. There really isn't anyone else you can confidently say that about in this room right now. I personally think they'll want another option. I guess the alternative would be a late camp cutdown type guy on the cheap, but my personal prediction is they'll draft someone in the mid to later rounds.

Fingers crossed for Jaylen Wright from Tennessee in the draft. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on April 07, 2024, 09:17:30 AMFingers crossed for Jaylen Wright from Tennessee in the draft. 

I'm a fan of his as well. If we somehow got him in the fourth I'd be stoked.