News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In round 5 the Giants draft RB Tyrone Tracy

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
A
@DanSchneierNFL
 favorite joins the Giants, Purdue RB Tyrone Tracey Jr.

An older prospect (24), a former WR at Iowa who showed impressive RB skills for a player who only played ONE season at the position

He will likely be the kickoff returner for the #Giants with these new rules. Another EXPLOSIVE weapon for Brian Daboll.
3:34 PM · Apr 27, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Wasn't really on my personal radar as far as RBs go. Don't love the age either. But will keep an open mind.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

24 yrs old and can't pass protect?

He can catch, I hope he's explosive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jolly Blue Giant

Converted WR. Low miles on legs as RB. Very shifty and will be a great ST player. I like his RAS score. He's an offensive weapon. Not a "Workhorse Back", but more like a poor man's McCaffrey. He's more dangerous taking slant passes or sweeps. Should be a good compliment to the RBs we already have. At least we know he can catch a ball and make something happen
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 03:35:26 PMWhy?

Because we have Devin Singletary, Dante Miller, Eric Gray, and Gary Brightwell. a DT like Mekhi Wingo is more needed. Like I said months ago, why not take a chance on Michael Pratt in the latter rounds. He could sit for one year, low risk, perhaps high reward.
The KING is in the building

Uncle Mickey

New to position means there is still a lot he is learning on the fly.

Not surprising he would still have trouble with some of the nuance of playing RB. If you beleive some of the reports sounds like Upside, tools pick whose floor might be an explosive KO returner.

Not bad for pick 166....

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 27, 2024, 03:40:42 PMBecause we have Devin Singletary, Dante Miller, Eric Gray, and Gary Brightwell. a DT like Mekhi Wingo is more needed. Like I said months ago, why not take a chance on Michael Pratt in the latter rounds. He could sit for one year, low risk, perhaps high reward.

Like Ivan Pace Jr. last year, Wingo might not even get drafted because he's considered too small for the defensive line. But like Pace last year (didn't get drafted because of his size, then became 1st team all rookie as LB)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Justin Penik
@JustinPenik
Two stats that I LOVE for Tyron Tracy right off the bat:

Among Draft Eligible RB's with 60 carries:

1st (!!) in yards after contact per attempt
10th in breakaway rate
17th in missed tackles forced, one more than Trey Benson

Love the advanced numbers!

https://x.com/JustinPenik/status/1784306856501883021