News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

First off, to Jolly Blue Giant, if you have already highlighted this game, I apologize for not remembering. In any case, I have been getting mildly bored with Wordle. I still do it everyday, and I still don't mind doing it, but I feel like I'm going through the motions to some extent. Someone recently recommended "Connections" to me, which is also a NYT game. I recommend checking it out. It's enjoyable and a bit tricky, but it's very engaging. Here is the link. I'm curious to see if others like it.

https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections

DaveBrown74

BTW, here is a site that allows you to play the game as often as you want for practice.

https://connectionsgame.io/

T200

Interesting challenge. I'll try it again tomorrow and see how I like it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on October 20, 2023, 10:59:48 AMInteresting challenge. I'll try it again tomorrow and see how I like it.

Good stuff.

I've done a few of the practice ones, and they're enjoyable. Like Wordle, you have to think about words, but this game makes you think out of the box a little more and consider meanings and other similarities. Today was my first day doing the official one, but after doing four or five practice ones I'm definitely a fan so far.

Ed Vette

There is a definite learning curve. It's not easy.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟪🟦🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AMFirst off, to Jolly Blue Giant, if you have already highlighted this game, I apologize for not remembering. In any case, I have been getting mildly bored with Wordle. I still do it everyday, and I still don't mind doing it, but I feel like I'm going through the motions to some extent. Someone recently recommended "Connections" to me, which is also a NYT game. I recommend checking it out. It's enjoyable and a bit tricky, but it's very engaging. Here is the link. I'm curious to see if others like it.

https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections

Nope, that's the first time I've seen the game. I tried it, I like it. I play Wordle, Quordle, Waffle, and I'll add Connections to my morning ritual. Anything to exercise my brain cells

First attempt:

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 11:10:25 AMThere is a definite learning curve. It's not easy.

Not at all. Much harder than Wordle.

But, to your point, I suspect we will get better at it over time.

DaveBrown74

This was my first one. They definitely throw you curveballs in this game.

Definitely room for improvement!

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟪🟦
🟪🟦🟪🟦

T200

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

MightyGiants

Interesting

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟨🟨🟨🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟪🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on October 20, 2023, 03:27:12 PMConnections
Puzzle #131
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Wow, you must be smart!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 20, 2023, 05:12:05 PMWow, you must be smart!
Nah... just a well-informed Giants fan.  ;)  :P

DaveBrown74

Ouch. I don't think this is a game I can do before my first cup of coffee.

Connections
Puzzle #132
🟦🟩🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟦🟦🟪
🟩🟩🟪🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟪🟪🟪

MightyGiants

This new puzzle is giving my brain more of a workout than Wordle (which like @DaveBrown74 it feels like going through the motions)

Connections
Puzzle #132
🟦🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟦🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE