News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What are we watching these days?

Started by LennG, September 02, 2020, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I sure hope so. We are 3 episodes in now and I do find it interesting. It boggles my mind how much this star looks like Bobby from The Practice. Another older TV show about all these lawyers who only want to 'do the right thing'. We enjoyed that show very much.

OK, I fully know there are more things that aren't being shown yet and why this rich dude wants this over with ASAP, but it still makes no sense, and NO good lawyer would agree. Maybe I'll eat my words, later on, but if Haller is basing his new reprieve of career on this case, it would benefit him tremendously not to lose it, rather than backing off. I know it's TV and we just have to accept it as it is, as with so many other shows, but I still find it absurd.

As for the Black girl who they let off. I realize the circumstances of what happened, but it isn't up to the guy who it was stolen from, it is up to the DA and she still stole something and she needs some sort of punishment for that. SHE didn't know it was fake and she was committing grand larceny in her attempt. To just shrug your shoulders and make light of it, well maybe I'm getting too old but there needs to be some form of punishment for a crime as she admitted to the theft. They make this seem like a joke.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on May 22, 2022, 12:41:01 PM
I sure hope so. We are 3 episodes in now and I do find it interesting. It boggles my mind how much this star looks like Bobby from The Practice. Another older TV show about all these lawyers who only want to 'do the right thing'. We enjoyed that show very much.

OK, I fully know there are more things that aren't being shown yet and why this rich dude wants this over with ASAP, but it still makes no sense, and NO good lawyer would agree. Maybe I'll eat my words, later on, but if Haller is basing his new reprieve of career on this case, it would benefit him tremendously not to lose it, rather than backing off. I know it's TV and we just have to accept it as it is, as with so many other shows, but I still find it absurd.

As for the Black girl who they let off. I realize the circumstances of what happened, but it isn't up to the guy who it was stolen from, it is up to the DA and she still stole something and she needs some sort of punishment for that. SHE didn't know it was fake and she was committing grand larceny in her attempt. To just shrug your shoulders and make light of it, well maybe I'm getting too old but there needs to be some form of punishment for a crime as she admitted to the theft. They make this seem like a joke.

Valid points for sure. I think the premise for the reason he keeps the case even though the only sense is a continuance is that Haller NEEDS the money to fund the business he's taken over and the guy on trial will fire him if he chooses to do anything less than got to trial NOW. The guy on trial is an idiot for doing so, but it's his choice. It's certainly absurd on the surface, but it will make sense by the end of the 9th episode. But the premise is still that Haller needs the money from the one rich guy he will be representing so he does what he's told
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jolly Blue Giant

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: LennG on May 22, 2022, 08:09:45 PM
That IS something that piques my interest. I'll check it out. Where is it on?

Netflix

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 22, 2022, 07:00:41 PM
You sound like you have read Connelly. Bosch is actually the main character in most of Connelly's series and Haller is just an old friend of his who ended up getting a few novels written just for him. Both are good characters and I had thought about Bosch showing up in Lincoln Lawyer, but he didn't. They are planning a second series, but there hasn't been a release date yet so who knows when it will hit the screen again. I'm hoping they work Bosch into the future Lincoln Lawyer series and it would be interesting to see who they cast for the role. The Bosch series seemed to miss the mark to me in the casting

Actually, Haller and Bosch are half-brothers   In at least one of the books, Bosch does work for Haller as an investigator

LennG

OK Ric, we are almost thru with this series (2 episodes left) and we know why the defendant wanted the trial ASAP, as you said.

As of now, I find the show OK, but really no more than that. I find some of the drama to be a bit over the top, some things are just plain stupid (for example, the guy who is working for Haller. He was looking for something in the trash bin so he jumps in and is going thru the garbage instead of just taking the small bag of garbage with him so as not to be seen, which he was)

I like when he is telling his driver about how to work a trail, that is very interesting, but even some of the side things, like the Asian dude, I find basically uninteresting.

I'll comment finally when we are finished.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Yeah...there were a few things a little hokey in the series and the dumpster diving was one of them. I too liked the trial scenes and tricks used to sway the jury. Always loved the judge saying "strike that comment from the record...and jury, disregard what was just said"...LMAO because the damage is already done and you can't erase your memory

All in all, I liked it and the truly bad guys got their just deserts  =D>

LennG

I think I have mentioned this several times, but my darling wife is a huge fan of a certain genre of Reality shows like Married at First Sight, Temptation Island, et al. You know dating and love 'em or leave 'em type of shows. I also enjoy watching some of these shows, along with the old standard Survivor which I have watched faithfully every year it is on.
Myself, I also happen to really like Naked and Afraid, a show that has been on (and still is on) for almost 10 years now. My DVR is set so whenever a new season or just a new episode is on, it records it and I watch. It may not be for everyone, but I enjoy these types of survival shows. I never got into Bear Grylls (SP) but whenever I did watch his shows I did like them.

Call me silly or sometimes like a peeping Tom, but I do enjoy these types of shows and watch them all the time.

I also LOVE Shark Tank. Another sort of reality show, and me and the missus never tire of weatching this show.

Charlie Weiss

Rosehill Jimmy

The wife and I just finished Anatomy of a Scandal, NET Flix

Meh. Fictional British Cabinet Minister caught in a sex scandal. Only 6 episodes so I decided to stick with it. Watching Sienna Miller and Michele Dockery in the female leads certainly helped get through it, though every time I heard MD utter a foul word I couldn

kartanoman

Getting primed for this weekend's History Channel documentary "Theodore Roosevelt" starting May 30. Preview here:

https://play.history.com/shows/theodore-roosevelt/videos/preview-theodore-roosevelt

History Channel's documentaries on the presidents (e.g. Washington, Grant, Lincoln) have been both masterful and insightful to the presidential era as well as the human being in office. Can't wait!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

LennG

Quote from: kartanoman on May 27, 2022, 03:43:39 PM
Getting primed for this weekend's History Channel documentary "Theodore Roosevelt" starting May 30. Preview here:

https://play.history.com/shows/theodore-roosevelt/videos/preview-theodore-roosevelt

History Channel's documentaries on the presidents (e.g. Washington, Grant, Lincoln) have been both masterful and insightful to the presidential era as well as the human being in office. Can't wait!

Peace!

I already have the DVR set for that also. Looking forward to it.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

So we finished the Lincoln Lawyer last night and to say I wasn't really thrilled with it would be a polite way of putting it.No offense to Ric, but as it went on I just found it less appealing. Look, it wasn't terrible in that I wanted to watch it till the end, but when the trial wrapped up in episode 9 and they really filled episode 10 with just a mish-mash of things that I had absolutely no interest in, that sort of sealed its fate in my mind. Oh, and my darling wife felt the same way.

If you like these types of lawyer shows, go for it.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Well, different tastes I guess. Hate to say too much in case others wish to watch it and be a spoiler. The 10th episode was basically the revenge factor after the exonerated defendant turned out to be guilty. Unlike in the movie "Primal Fear" where the defendant turns out to be guilty after it's too late, it did nothing but screw over Richard Gere. At least here, justice was served  =D>