News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Something different- Mike Penix pens an open letter to GMs

Started by MightyGiants, April 22, 2024, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2024, 11:41:56 AMI seriously doubt this will move the needle, but at least it's original

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/michael-penix-jr-nfl-draft-ncaa-football-university-of-washington

Love the guy. My gut is he will shine in the NFL if  put in the right situation.

gregf

That was a nice piece, well written. I wish him well!

MightyGiants

Funny, I assumed his PR firm/draft team wrote the letter for him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

MightyGiants

Found this on social media:

Quote"I'm a product of Dade City, FL. Population 7,600. No Trader Joe's, no Whole Foods. No steak houses or country clubs. No personal QB coach, no strength coach, no state-of-the-art training equipment. Nothing about Dade City is luxurious...."

This is an interesting inclusion/phrasing after last week's interview with Caleb Williams where he talked about having his own apartment, nutritionist, itemized plan to reach the NFL while he was in high school.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Not likely to unmake a made-up mind, but it might break a tie. In any case, I hope it's viewed as a novelty and not as a precedent.

Cheers!

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2024, 12:47:28 PMFunny, I assumed his PR firm/draft team wrote the letter for him
Nothing wrong with that. That's common these days.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on April 22, 2024, 01:16:18 PMNot likely to unmake a made-up mind, but it might break a tie. In any case, I hope it's viewed as a novelty and not as a precedent.

Cheers!

The odd part is that, in theory, Penix would have laid out his case when he was meeting with the teams.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2024, 01:20:09 PMThe odd part is that, in theory, Penix would have laid out his case when he was meeting with the teams.
I'm sure he did. This is a social media world, we just live in it. Get used to it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on April 22, 2024, 01:21:39 PMI'm sure he did. This is a social media world, we just live in it. Get used to it.

PFT said that the open letter to GMs was really intended for the fans of a potential employer
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Just_jimmy

Nice PR.

Won't make any difference, teams know what they know.

I wish the kid well.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Gmo11

I really really wish he hadn't torn his ACL twice. I'd like him so much more if that weren't the case. But it is. And one more tear could mean the end of his career. So you just can't risk a top 10 pick on him. Now if they take his buddy Rome first (or Nabers) and Penix is sitting there in round 2...things get interesting.

T200

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 23, 2024, 07:32:32 AMI really really wish he hadn't torn his ACL twice. I'd like him so much more if that weren't the case. But it is. And one more tear could mean the end of his career. So you just can't risk a top 10 pick on him. Now if they take his buddy Rome first (or Nabers) and Penix is sitting there in round 2...things get interesting.
That sums up my position perfectly. We cannot afford to spend our first-round, top-10 pick on a player with an injury history as significant as his, especially at the QB position. We need to hit on the QB and he needs to be available for the next 10-15 years.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: