News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll (and Schoen) at LSU Pro Day

Started by MightyGiants, March 27, 2024, 11:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Stringer Bell

I expect them to be doing their due diligence on Nabers, of course, but I've also been wondering lately about Daniels.

Saw an article stating there were several picks "locked in" including Williams to Bears, Maye to Pats, MHJ tk Cards, Bowers to Jets, and Verse to Atl.

Not that I believe the article 100%, but I thought it interesting that they had Maye as a lock at 3 but not Daniels as a lock at 2. And then I got to thinking, with all the McCarthy buzz, could the Skins really be deciding between Daniels and JJ? If they shocked everyone and went JJ, that would conceivably leave Daniels available at 6.

Given all the new info we have, what would be your preference for the Giants at 6 if things went Williams, JJ, Maye, MHJ, Nabers?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 27, 2024, 11:51:06 AMI expect them to be doing their due diligence on Nabers, of course, but I've also been wondering lately about Daniels.

Saw an article stating there were several picks "locked in" including Williams to Bears, Maye to Pats, MHJ tk Cards, Bowers to Jets, and Verse to Atl.

Not that I believe the article 100%, but I thought it interesting that they had Maye as a lock at 3 but not Daniels as a lock at 2. And then I got to thinking, with all the McCarthy buzz, could the Skins really be deciding between Daniels and JJ? If they shocked everyone and went JJ, that would conceivably leave Daniels available at 6.

Given all the new info we have, what would be your preference for the Giants at 6 if things went Williams, JJ, Maye, MHJ, Nabers?

If the draft went like that i/m/o we would have to outbid the Vikings for pick #5 if Schoen/Daboll want a QB. What added to #6 would do it? The Chargers would still be guaranteed to get the player they want.

Philosophers

Why is it that with Nabers I feel like there may be a maturity issue yet I don't feel that way with Harrison or Odunze?

Shades of OBJ?

I continue to think Brian Thomas is the real gem.

H-Town G-Fan

Nabers with a 4.35... dang.

I know a lot around here like Odunze, but I think Nabers fits the modern-offense WR role very well. Contested catch receivers give me hesitation--though Odunze is also extremely athletic. However, given what the Bills did with Stefon Diggs, I would not be surprised (nor upset in the least) if they drafted Nabers. You can't ignore a talent like him just because you might already have Wan'Dale in the fold.

zephirus

Quote from: Philosophers on March 27, 2024, 01:57:30 PMWhy is it that with Nabers I feel like there may be a maturity issue yet I don't feel that way with Harrison or Odunze?

Shades of OBJ?

I continue to think Brian Thomas is the real gem.

I haven't read or seen anything to indicate that, but generally speaking the LSU players, especially wideouts do seem to have an aura about them that might not be the most team-centric.  Justin Jefferson is probably the best wideout in the NFL but has questions around his mental toughness, his willingness to get back to work after an injury, and loyalty to a team in general.

All that said, I applaud a guy who made the effort and worked out at both his Pro Day and the Combine.  I doubt it will affect either his or Marvin Harrison Jr.'s position, but I like that he put himself out there.

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on March 27, 2024, 02:04:52 PMNabers with a 4.35... dang.

I know a lot around here like Odunze, but I think Nabers fits the modern-offense WR role very well. Contested catch receivers give me hesitation--though Odunze is also extremely athletic. However, given what the Bills did with Stefon Diggs, I would not be surprised (nor upset in the least) if they drafted Nabers. You can't ignore a talent like him just because you might already have Wan'Dale in the fold.

He is the same size as OBJ and the Giants had no problem playing OBJ on the outside
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE