News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Camp Notes 2018

Started by MightyGiants, July 20, 2018, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakew

Bob: put your glasses on man..... :doh:
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

umassgrad

These are great, but I sure do miss Albany.

Gman329

Agree on Albany....or Pace, or FDU Madison.  I believe getting away, keeping the team together, sequestered in dorms is a valuable team building experience.  It takes time to negotiate and arrange training camp on the road, so it was too late by the time Shurmur was hired but I'm hoping he takes them away next year. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gman329 on July 27, 2018, 07:32:38 AM
Agree on Albany....or Pace, or FDU Madison.  I believe getting away, keeping the team together, sequestered in dorms is a valuable team building experience.  It takes time to negotiate and arrange training camp on the road, so it was too late by the time Shurmur was hired but I'm hoping he takes them away next year.

There are two factors that force the team to stay at the HQ.   First, with the 2011 CBA severely restricting practices, they can't afford to miss one or have one severely compromised by rain.  Their HQ has an indoor practice facility big enough to accommodate a proper practice.  Up in Albany, they had to practice in a gym/basketball court.

Second, as computer/video technology advances it got much more challenging to bring all that tech up to and set it up in a remote location.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gman329

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 27, 2018, 08:00:34 AM
There are two factors that force the team to stay at the HQ.   First, with the 2011 CBA severely restricting practices, they can't afford to miss one or have one severely compromised by rain.  Their HQ has an indoor practice facility big enough to accommodate a proper practice.  Up in Albany, they had to practice in a gym/basketball court.

Second, as computer/video technology advances it got much more challenging to bring all that tech up to and set it up in a remote location.

Makes sense.....and I know Albany frustrated Coughlin, especially and just wasn't up to standards.  But there are an awful lot of colleges with amazing facilities within a 150-200 mile radius of the Meadowlands.  Maybe they find one that works.  I also admit to being a tiny bit jealous of the Jets complex in Florham Park. 

HOF19

Quote from: Gman329 on July 27, 2018, 07:32:38 AM
Have a lot of fun memories of Pace (used to live right next to Westchester County ).

weeze

Drake and Weeze want to attend!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

AZGiantFan

Do the players go home at night or do they all stay together at a hotel for the duration?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Gman329

Quote from: COGiantFan on July 28, 2018, 01:43:43 AM
Do the players go home at night or do they all stay together at a hotel for the duration?

Same question here!  Obviously, they have to put the rookies, undrafted invitees and free agents up somewhere but can the veterans who live there year round go home at night?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I thought Flowers had a terrible stance when he lines up.   He is bending massively at the waste.   Worse, after the snap he pops straight up and has no ancho.

I thought Webb looked good and throws a nice ball (the exception being a pass he throw off his back foot that resulted in an easy INT)

It was good to see Snacks taking some snaps

There were some drills where Hill and Tomlinson switched sides

No one is able to cover OBJ, he looks uncoverable

Moss and Okwara did not look good in LB drills.  Ed pointed out they run like they are in quicksand compared to the other OLBs

Amba Etta-Tawo has the skinniest legs I have seen in some time, but he does have a really fluid stride

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

The Chief

What a kick to be there for the first play with pads this season!   :ok: :ok:

Thanks for the video guys.   =D> =D>

Slugsy-Narrows

NJ.coms thoughts on Day 3

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/07/olivier_vernon_lorenzo_carter_dominate_first_pract.html

Interesting!

Seems like they see things as Mighty does as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregf

"Moss and Okwara did not look good in LB drills.  Ed pointed out they run like they are in quicksand compared to the other OLBs"

I can't see them making the team. Martin, OV, Barwin and Carter the top 4 OLBs. Hill, Mauro, Tomlinson, are locks at End with McIntosh and Wynn vying for a spot as well.