News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo’s Camp Notes 2018

Started by MightyGiants, July 20, 2018, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

These are all 7 on 7 drills now.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

RoadtoGlory

"He who knew no sin became sin so we could become the righteousness of God"  ---https://www.gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

RoadtoGlory

Matt Lombardo
?Verified account @MattLombardoNFL
2m2 minutes ago

Saquon Barkley goes in motion, offense winds up isolating him on Olivier Vernon one-on-one, and not surprisingly it wound up a big gain on a wheel-route. #Giants
"He who knew no sin became sin so we could become the righteousness of God"  ---https://www.gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

Green Giant

Love the updates guys!  Keep them coming!

Ed Vette

Good times. Tag yourselves.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

Ahhhh, the good old days.  Thanks for the memory.

PS....rode around after practice with DJ Ware and his girlfriend, and ran into jerry reese in the building after that.   Those sideline passes every year, courtesy of a of mine pal at SUNY Albany, and our parking lot breakfasts and the picnic gatherings in the park after practices, were the best. 

Go Giants.

Rick & Phyllis
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

The Highlight of the day was meeting andrew_nyGiants.

The players were in Shorts today and there was minimal contact. It's of the few practices without pads. Eli look the sharpest of the QB's today as the others struggled with accuracy, the pass rush and great coverage by the Defensive Backs. Especially Eli Apple who had a couple of nice breakups.

Tomlinson was back on the field. Barkley had just a couple of reps. In fact I only recall one where he was lined up in the X and he caught a pass on a slant. Nice soft hands.

Gallman and Stewart got most of the first team reps. Gallman has been used extensively in camp and he has participated in Special Teams as the Kickoff returner. A lot of time is devoted to Specials. Especially today. Let's hope it pays off in dividends.

John Jerry has second team RG snaps today. Chad Wheeler and Eric Flowers will keep Pat Shurmur up nights. The lack of OT depth is alarming to me. This is not good folks.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

William Gay had a Hammy. He had an icepack on. He has been playing very well as our Slot DB.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

OT is a nightmare league wide! 

We are just worse off than teams that are bad off!

Let

MightyGiants

Meeting Andrew who is the cycling champ was definitely the highlight.   

Eli Apple had a very nice practice

Webb had a very poor practice (to go along with a less than ideal practice yesterday).   Now we will see how he responds to some adversity.

I thought Gallman had a very good practice to go along with a very good camp.  I don't think Barkley got any snaps carrying the ball (but he did line up wide as a receiver).  Including a snap where he made Jenkins look foolish

Barwin is a crafty veteran who knows all the moves and have been embarrassing linemen all camp.

Got a look at the new OT and I think he has better feet than Flowers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

coggs

Whoever is covering the Giants camp for NFL network said it was a very sloppy practice on Thursday.

Jaime

WOW! Talk about great memories! A Soiree at tomeee's house. And the fun relationship I struck up with TC's bodyguard. I think I was his favorite guy to throw out of practice? Redfaced

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jaime on August 03, 2018, 08:42:41 PM
WOW! Talk about great memories! A Soiree at tomeee's house. And the fun relationship I struck up with TC's bodyguard. I think I was his favorite guy to throw out of practice? Redfaced
That was George
~ Coach Tom Coughlin