News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Get your order in now--For a Flying Motorcycle

Started by LennG, April 04, 2021, 02:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Subaru Has Designed a Flying Motorcycle. Seriously.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/subaru-has-designed-a-flying-motorcycle-seriously/ar-BB1fi5q4?ocid=msedgdhp

Subaru has filed a U.S. patent application for a"land-and-air" vehicle, which amounts to...a flying motorcycle.

Indeed, the drawings in the patent application depict perhaps the most literal interpretation of that: a conventional motorcycle tucked into an airplane fuselage.

Based on the application, it seems the wings of this Subaru flying machine would tuck into the sides on the ground, and the vehicle would operate much like a conventional motorcycle. During takeoff, the wings would extend outward with their propellers facing upward, which would allow for vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) functionality with a fixed rotor at the rear.

First I thought Weeze, but NO, I can just see Bob flying down the PA Tnpke waving hi to all the other cars.

Born to Be Wild-- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss