News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New musical engineering protocol released

Started by drakew, June 06, 2021, 03:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakew

MIDI 1.0m is DEAD!!!!!!!!THANK HEAVENS!!! The old 8-bit limit is gone, MIDI 2.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED, a full 32-bit resolution now allows full accuracy, and will change the face of music as we know it!!

hip hip hooray!!

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/an-update-to-a-37-year-old-digital-protocol-could-profoundly-change-the-way-music-sounds?utm_source=pocket-newtab
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

MightyGiants

That was an interesting article.  I am surprised it took so long to update .

Why did it take so long to update?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Thanks, Drake.  It was indeed long overdue.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: drakew on June 06, 2021, 03:19:37 PM
MIDI 1.0m is DEAD!!!!!!!!THANK HEAVENS!!! The old 8-bit limit is gone, MIDI 2.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED, a full 32-bit resolution now allows full accuracy, and will change the face of music as we know it!!

hip hip hooray!!

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/an-update-to-a-37-year-old-digital-protocol-could-profoundly-change-the-way-music-sounds?utm_source=pocket-newtab

And where have you been hiding these past few years? Good to see the handsome man with the Giants tie, sipping some Java at the Big Blue Cafe back among us again.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

drakew

CBS had shifted me from prime-timeto the Morning Show. AND cor-virii required every talent have a remote studio built in their houses, so they could still be on the air. SO, what happens? someone has to push buttons, the lousy engineering staff. AND, what happens if the studio gets contaminated?
So we built a complete replacement, one indoors and one outdoors under cover. What about if Studio control gets contaminated? So I built an entire new studio control outside in one of my sattrucks. What about Master control contamination? Who runs the regional commercials then? So I bjuilt a new Master n another sattruck, that left two and the uwave trucks.

WLKY is LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY, then Brionna Taylor's murder occurs. ALL streets boarded up, wild in the streets every day, we are CNN and Hearst also, so I was live broadcasts 10-12 hrs a day for months. where have I been?

Phew!! then.....

Glad to be back
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

MightyGiants

Quote from: drakew on June 07, 2021, 09:51:48 AM
CBS had shifted me from prime-timeto the Morning Show. AND cor-virii required every talent have a remote studio built in their houses, so they could still be on the air. SO, what happens? someone has to push buttons, the lousy engineering staff. AND, what happens if the studio gets contaminated?
So we built a complete replacement, one indoors and one outdoors under cover. What about if Studio control gets contaminated? So I built an entire new studio control outside in one of my sattrucks. What about Master control contamination? Who runs the regional commercials then? So I bjuilt a new Master n another sattruck, that left two and the uwave trucks.

WLKY is LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY, then Brionna Taylor's murder occurs. ALL streets boarded up, wild in the streets every day, we are CNN and Hearst also, so I was live broadcasts 10-12 hrs a day for months. where have I been?

Phew!! then.....

Glad to be back

When I hear stories like this, I am reminded about how much we have learned and advanced with dealing with Covid.   The idea of equipment and rooms being "contaminated" was a legit concern at the time it was a concern, yet we learned in time that the concerns were essentially unfounded as we have since learned the overwhelming transmission of Covid is airborne. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE