News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OZARK S4 SPOILER DISCUSSION

Started by T200, January 30, 2022, 02:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: T200 on February 22, 2022, 10:14:14 AM
Thanks for the link, Len.

A couple of thoughts on some of the characters:

Charlotte: I think she may have a significant role in the second half. She put Erin on notice when she told her to not speak of her mom's death or else. Charlotte could be a player either for Marty or Wendy.

Maya: I don't see how she survives. I think Omar or Javi will take her out. Her bosses will be uspet but not terribly because she went behind their backs to arrest Omar. And where the hell is her baby's father????

Frank Jr.: He has a soft spot for Ruth. I can see him getting his mob guys to have it out with Javi and the cartel for Ruth.

Darlene: What happens to all of her land and property? Does it go to Wyatt since they were legally married? And now that Wyatt's dead, does it go to Three? Since Three is a minor, does it fall to Ruth as his guardian until he is 18? Do Ruth and Frank Jr restart the business?  :-??

Ha Tim, you have been spending more time than the rest of us thinking this out. great questions.

Whatever business there is left from Darlene and Wyatt, Ruth has a 1/4 share so now it is hers. Does anyone think she will try and make a go of it may be with Frank Jr?

I agree, Maya shouldn't make it past the next few episodes, but who is going to take her out? The only ones really pissed at her are the Byrds and Omar and since he has backed away from the cartel and wants to go straight, would he risk bumping off an FBI agent just for revenge at this point? Javi couldn't care less if his uncle rots in prison so who else would take her out?

Just no way Javi makes it to the end of this series, but who takes him out. You have to take a number, but the #1 choice has to be Ruth.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 11:17:18 AM
I don't think so as we saw in the opening clip, the entire family is together, happy and leaving before the car crash.

I also thought Wendy would get to visit Ben, but it sure didn't seem that way.
True.

Will have to wait and see. I

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 11:25:58 AM

Ha Tim, you have been spending more time than the rest of us thinking this out. great questions.

Whatever business there is left from Darlene and Wyatt, Rugh has a 1/4 share so now it is hers. Does anyone think she will try and make a go of it may be with Frank Jr?

I agree, Maya shouldn't make it past the next few episodes, but who is going to take her out? The only ones really pissed at her are the Byrds and Omar and since he has backed away from the cartel and wants to go straight, would he risk bumping off an FBI agent just for revenge at this point? Javi couldn't care less if his uncle rots in prison so who else would take her out?

Just no way Javi makes it t o the end of this series, but who takes him out. You have to take a number, but the #1 choice has to be Ruth.

Since we just finished Breaking Bad and El Camino, I've been thinking about how they will end Ozark. Some T's need to be crossed and I's dotted by the end. No doubt the writers learned from the clumsy Sopranos and Dexter series finales.

Javi definitely dies... just don't know who takes him out. I disagree that he doesn't care about Omar. Remember: Family before all, or something like that Omar said to Javi back in Mexico.

Another thought about Mel the PI is that he seems to be more into finding Helen than just a PI looking for her to sign divorce papers. I think he may be related to her which is why he's so adamant about finding her. Another twist is that he could be familiar with Javi from his investigations into Helen back in Chicago. That last part is just purely speculation on my part. Just trying to connect the dots. Javi is Omar's nephew and Helen was Omar's lawyer... She had to have known of Javi so there's a connection there.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Tim

I may be wrong but I thought Omar wasn't a fan of Javi. Yes they are related and he did say what you said about family, but didn't he also tell others Javi was looking to take over the cartel and he wouldn't trust him one bit?. He was very wary of Javi .
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on February 22, 2022, 03:29:22 PM
Tim

I may be wrong but I thought Omar wasn't a fan of Javi. Yes they are related and he did say what you said about family, but didn't he also tell others Javi was looking to take over the cartel and he wouldn't trust him one bit?. He was very wary of Javi .
Omar wasn't a fan of Javi because Javi is uber-ambitious and felt Omar was getting old and soft. Omar admitted that he wouldn't have rigged the money truck to kill FBI agents. Omar was wary of Javi because Javi was ready to take over. I didn't get the sense that Javi had any animosity towards his uncle other than he felt Omar was just getting old and soft. He definitely didn't trust Marty and Wendy as much as Omar did.

T200

S4 Part 2 available on April 29th!

Edit to add the teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE2jbszzM

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on February 24, 2022, 07:48:11 AM
S4 Part 2 available on April 29th!

Ahhh, decisions, decisions... do we watch Ozark that we've waited for forever. Or do we watch the NFL draft???  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 24, 2022, 08:02:40 AM
Ahhh, decisions, decisions... do we watch Ozark that we've waited for forever. Or do we watch the NFL draft???  :-??
The televised draft is more about the talking heads than the actual draft picks. Stretching it out an extra day is just a money grab.

I'll pause Ozark when the Giants are on the clock

T200

Quote from: T200 on January 31, 2022, 04:02:40 PM
One thing I've been mulling around in my head is the prominence of the women in power positions:

Wendy
Ruth
Darlene
Helen
Maya
Maya's boss

There was even mention of Omar's sister, Javi's mom, during one of their conversations. I have to wonder if she is pulling any strings behind the scenes. Is she higher up on Navarro Cartel's food chain?

Having seen the teaser, I caught this... could it be Javi's mom that Marty is talking to?

LennG

WOW

And I thought we were going to have to wait until the Fall to see how it all ends. April is just a shade away.

Good pick up Tim. I never would have recognized her.

The thought of trying to watch all 7 episodes as soon as they drop in a way id dissappointing. Yes, I can't wait but then it's all over all too soon. Sometimes I wish they dropped them one a week to keep us talking about it for a couple of months.

Charlie Weiss