News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Landon Collins back in blue

Started by MightyGiants, October 06, 2022, 10:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I always like dCollins, as a Giant. Very sorry when he left and to the Foreskins at that. He never really lived up to the hype over there, but glad he is back wearing blue.

What did he sign for, anyone?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Blue Fire

Quote from: LennG on October 06, 2022, 07:02:59 PMI always like dCollins, as a Giant. Very sorry when he left and to the Foreskins at that. He never really lived up to the hype over there, but glad he is back wearing blue.

I don't know if that was released yet

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

DaveBrown74

I can't believe Collins is only 28. It feels like ages ago that he was on the Giants.

Blue Fire

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 06, 2022, 07:09:56 PMI can't believe Collins is only 28. It feels like ages ago that he was on the Giants.

Hopefully he still has juice left in the tank to do something greater than what we currently have at the LB/S position besides maybe McKinney.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

todge

I doubt very seriously Collins will play much. He's done and is probably a depth signing in the event of injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Fire

Collins owns a 54.7 Pro Football Focus grade (82.5 against the run) in 2021. He earned a career-best grade of 82.4 in 2016 as a member of the last Giants playoff team.

Although he's had some issues in coverage, Collins has never been "in the red" as a run defender or pass rushers. He's also only ever been in the red (2020) as a tackler once.

With Xavier McKinney excelling in coverage, Collins provides a solid option for Wink Martindale in terms of blitzing and run defense.

Collins takes the place of linebacker A.J. Klein on the Giants practice squad. He is being signed to the active roster by the Baltimore Ravens.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/10/06/new-york-giants-sign-safety-landon-collins/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=fishburne&utm_content=recirc-extended-scroll

kingm56

Quote from: todge on October 06, 2022, 09:08:47 PMI doubt very seriously Collins will play much. He's done and is probably a depth signing in the event of injury.

100% agreed, Ted; this is depth signing that probably doesn't extend beyond this season. 

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: kingm56 on October 06, 2022, 11:29:59 PM100% agreed, Ted; this is depth signing that probably doesn't extend beyond this season.
Probably still contributes more on D then Galloday or Tony does on O

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 06, 2022, 11:55:47 PMProbably still contributes more on D then Galloday or Tony does on O

Collins will contribute as much on O as Golladay, LOL.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 07, 2022, 08:34:47 AMhttps://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday/status/1578355626370953218
He needs to get on the practice field and earn his spot   

Nothing is just given by Dabs   

He owes it to the guys on the 53 and PS players that were here before Collins came.

Collins has to beat them for a spot.

It's doable Smith made it to get elevated!

Or an injury pops up and they have no choice!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 07, 2022, 09:00:22 AMHe needs to get on the practice field and earn his spot   

Nothing is just given by Dabs   

He owes it to the guys on the 53 and PS players that were here before Collins came.

Collins has to beat them for a spot.

It's doable Smith made it to get elevated!

Or an injury pops up and they have no choice!

Plus a guy who wasn't in any training camp will need at least 2 or 3 weeks just to get into proper shape and learn the system
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: todge on October 06, 2022, 09:08:47 PMI doubt very seriously Collins will play much. He's done and is probably a depth signing in the event of injury.

Guess he may be more then depth for injury purposes.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on October 06, 2022, 07:02:59 PMI always like dCollins, as a Giant. Very sorry when he left and to the Foreskins at that. He never really lived up to the hype over there, but glad he is back wearing blue.

Think nobody actually answered this, so I am doing it now

$277,200 Base Salary
Cap Number is $249,922