News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bellinger update: May be back by Thanksgiving

Started by Blue Fire, October 25, 2022, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

Excerpts:

"A source indicated that Bellinger is hopeful that he will be able to return this season and possibly as early as the team's Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Dallas."

"As expected, the Giants moved quickly to add a tight end to the roster Tuesday. The team signed Andre Miller to the practice squad to give themselves some depth at tight end."

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/10/giants-sign-tight-end-have-decision-to-make-wednesday-on-offensive-lineman.html

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

kingm56

The subject is highly misleading. Did you read the article, BF? It's nothing more than a source stating that Bellinger hopes he returns. It's about the players hope, not a medical position regarding the actual recovery time.

"A source indicated that Bellinger is hopeful that he will be able to return this season and possibly as early as the team's Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Dallas"

Blue Fire

Quote from: kingm56 on October 25, 2022, 08:19:29 PMThe subject is highly misleading. Did you read the article, BF? It's nothing more than a source stating that Bellinger hopes he returns. It's about the players hope, not a medical position regarding the actual recovery time.

"A source indicated that Bellinger is hopeful that he will be able to return this season and possibly as early as the team's Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys in Dallas"

You literally quoted the excerpt that I already quoted. It says they are hopeful he could possibly return by Thanksgiving. Do you just want to complain to complain? Its an update take it how you want to and stop trolling. I see it as saying there is a possibility and they are hopeful.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

King has a point.  Might want to just have this be listed as Bellinger update.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kartanoman

Folks, be thankful his career isn't over. If significant eye damage occurred, we could be hearing his career is over or, worse, he could have been blinded for life.

Thanksgiving would be a blessing. But my hope remains the Giants will not pressure him to return until he is safe to return and, perhaps, add additional protective equipment such as a visor on his helmet.

Injuries may be injuries, but eye injuries are a high risk that should not be taken for granted nor shortcuts be taken.

Regardless of the conjecture regarding the media source, whether or not he returns by Thanksgiving is far less important than he return safe and cleared to play. If you have ever had an eye injury, you understand, you get it and say no more.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kingm56

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 25, 2022, 08:36:40 PMYou literally quoted the excerpt that I already quoted. It says they are hopeful he could possibly return by Thanksgiving. Do you just want to complain to complain? Its an update take it how you want to and stop trolling. I see it as saying there is a possibility and they are hopeful.

You have misrepresented, or misread, the article. "They", in this context, refers to Bellinger; HE hopes he can return, as reported through an "undisclosed" third-party that has no ties to the Giants...that's hardly an update, nor an indication he will be back in a month as your title suggest..  The Giants will UPDATE us when they have fidelity from their medical teams.  All I'm asking is for you accurately label your threads, so I don't read all these clickbait articles.  I thought there was legitimate information from credible sources based on your title; there's wasn't...

kingm56

Quote from: kartanoman on October 25, 2022, 09:14:49 PMFolks, be thankful his career isn't over. If significant eye damage occurred, we could be hearing his career is over or, worse, he could have been blinded for life.

Thanksgiving would be a blessing. But my hope remains the Giants will not pressure him to return until he is safe to return and, perhaps, add additional protective equipment such as a visor on his helmet.

Injuries may be injuries, but eye injuries are a high risk that should not be taken for granted nor shortcuts be taken.

Regardless of the conjecture regarding the media source, whether or not he returns by Thanksgiving is far less important than he return safe and cleared to play. If you have ever had an eye injury, you understand, you get it and say no more.

Peace!

You're so right, Kart! I work with some of the worlds best ophthalmologist and asked them about this injury.  They said the eye is extremely resilient but this intrusion could take a full year to fully heal. I'm not saying he'll be out a year, just his vision may not return to its pre injury state, if it returns at all. 

Jaime

Curious to know what is the diagnosis of Bellinger's injury is? I've not read or heard anything definitive re; the injury beyond "an eye injury", have any of you? :-??

kingm56

Hey Jamie,

Reports are a fractured eye socket:

"Although eye socket fractures can be dangerous, most people recover well. If you went into the surgery with double vision, it may last as long as two to four months after surgery. If it doesn't go away after four to six months, you may need eye muscle surgery or special corrective glasses"

Jaime

thanks king :Chestram: Great stuff there! Guessing you have a medical background, or a personal experience with this type of injury(?).
Just caught the comment by HC Daboll during his presser, where he stated when quired re; what about Bellinger,
 "he looked terrible". Rarely do you hear that kind of blunt honesty from a HC in any sport.

Jclayton92

Quote from: kartanoman on October 25, 2022, 09:14:49 PMFolks, be thankful his career isn't over. If significant eye damage occurred, we could be hearing his career is over or, worse, he could have been blinded for life.

Peace!
I agree, Orlando Brown never really recovered from the penalty flag to the eye that sidelined him almost 3 years and wasn't the same when he returned. I imagine he wears a visor even if it is clear when he returns.

kartanoman

Quote from: kingm56 on October 25, 2022, 09:38:42 PMYou're so right, Kart! I work with some of the worlds best ophthalmologist and asked them about this injury.  They said the eye is extremely resilient but this intrusion could take a full year to fully heal. I'm not saying he'll be out a year, just his vision may not return to its pre injury state, if it returns at all. 

You are spot on, King! I've sustained a corneal abrasion, when a tree branch snapped and hit my eye, and an unplanned emergency visit to the ophthalmologist ensued. I was lucky in that it took two weeks before I could see 90% in my left eye, pain free, and another month before the weird "objects" I'd see from the abrasion began to subside.

I've mentioned in previous posts about the Australian Football player from my team (NOTE: ironically, the only American currently playing footy at the moment) who suffered a major eye injury, and later found out his other eye was messed up as well. Please take a moment to read about Mason Cox's Story. Read this and you now have a clearer perspective on why I'm making a big deal of Bellinger's eye.

It appears he will get through this scary injury. Let's be thankful for that rather than getting bent out of shape about the news source. I understand proper citing of your sources. I think we get that. Lesson learned and let's move on. The issue is minor compared to the actual story itself.

Peace, my brothers in Giant faith!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

goNets

I imagine his mask will have more protection in place when he returns. It has to be a hassle for receivers to have such protection, but I wonder if there's going to o be a teamwide evaluation of players' masks to see if extra protection is needed.

True Blue

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 25, 2022, 08:36:40 PMYou literally quoted the excerpt that I already quoted. It says they are hopeful he could possibly return by Thanksgiving. Do you just want to complain to complain? Its an update take it how you want to and stop trolling. I see it as saying there is a possibility and they are hopeful.

Why do you constantly do this to yourself?

He is right, its the player hoping he returns, nothing provided by the team or doctors. Then you get defensive and make accusations of complaints and trolling, when in reality, you are trolling with this comment here. smdh

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on October 26, 2022, 08:38:04 AMWhy do you constantly do this to yourself?

He is right, its the player hoping he returns, nothing provided by the team or doctors. Then you get defensive and make accusations of complaints and trolling, when in reality, you are trolling with this comment here. smdh
True

Many have tried to help, recommend and guide

Some people don't want help

Some people don't think they need help

Some think they know more or best then the rest.

Whichever it may be when you keep doing the same thing over and over and over again it's no longer a mistake or an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk