News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bellinger update: May be back by Thanksgiving

Started by Blue Fire, October 25, 2022, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 26, 2022, 09:00:54 AMTrue

Many have tried to help, recommend and guide

Some people don't want help

Some people don't think they need help

Some think they know more or best then the rest.

Whichever it may be when you keep doing the same thing over and over and over again it's no longer a mistake or an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the bigger issue is judgement in our hearts which leads to bias and clouded perspective rather than seeing the good in what one says, they only see it in a manipulated negative light. One can only forgive as much as they understand forgiveness. As Christ has forgiven me I have forgiven others.

Slugs, Rambo or anyone else if you want to talk about this more feel free to PM me so we can continue this discussion.

Otherwise lets stick to the topic which is simply that there is a possibility he may return by Thanksgiving.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 26, 2022, 09:23:09 AMPerhaps the bigger issue is judgement in our hearts which leads to bias and clouded perspective rather than seeing the good in what one says, they only see it in a manipulated negative light. One can only forgive as much as they understand forgiveness. As Christ has forgiven me I have forgiven others.

Slugs, Rambo or anyone else if you want to talk about this more feel free to PM me so we can continue this discussion.

Otherwise lets stick to the topic which is simply that there is a possibility he may return by Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo89

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 26, 2022, 09:23:09 AMPerhaps the bigger issue is judgement in our hearts which leads to bias and clouded perspective rather than seeing the good in what one says, they only see it in a manipulated negative light. One can only forgive as much as they understand forgiveness. As Christ has forgiven me I have forgiven others.

That's not the issue and continuing to turn to that isn't going to change anything.  You need to be the one to make the change.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Blue Fire

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 26, 2022, 09:26:57 AMThat's not the issue and continuing to turn to that isn't going to change anything.  You need to be the one to make the change.

If you truly are concerned please PM me and lets discuss this further.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

Guys, I can appreciate the preference that the title directly reflected what was said, which is "hopes to be back by Thanksgiving," versus what was posted, "may be back by Thanksgiving."  I appreciate that there is some difference between those two versions, with one creating more hope than the other.

Still, after two pages of back and forth...

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 26, 2022, 09:29:00 AMGuys, I can appreciate the preference that the title directly reflected what as said, which is "hopes to be back by Thanksgiving," versus what was posted, "may be back by Thanksgiving."  I appreciate that there is some difference between those two versions, with one creating more hope than the other.

Still, after two pages of back and forth...

I agree with Rich

I also feel this was avoidable.
Quotes from article should go in quotes, as can be seen in the edits to the original post I made.

Using the published verbiage further buffers yourself from such criticism
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

B1GBLUE

Quote from: kartanoman on October 25, 2022, 09:14:49 PMFolks, be thankful his career isn't over. If significant eye damage occurred, we could be hearing his career is over or, worse, he could have been blinded for life.

Thanksgiving would be a blessing. But my hope remains the Giants will not pressure him to return until he is safe to return and, perhaps, add additional protective equipment such as a visor on his helmet.

Injuries may be injuries, but eye injuries are a high risk that should not be taken for granted nor shortcuts be taken.

Regardless of the conjecture regarding the media source, whether or not he returns by Thanksgiving is far less important than he return safe and cleared to play. If you have ever had an eye injury, you understand, you get it and say no more.

Peace!

That was my fear immediately after it happened. blood dripping from your eye is never a good thing. he is very lucky he didnt sustain permanent damage.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 27, 2022, 05:13:25 PMThat was my fear immediately after it happened. blood dripping from your eye is never a good thing. he is very lucky he didnt sustain permanent damage.

I'm still trying to work out how the guy's hand got in there such to the point that he gouged Bellinger's eye.

I'm not saying it was intentional, but it's not an occurrence you see every day in this sport.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 27, 2022, 06:11:33 PMI'm still trying to work out how the guy's hand got in there such to the point that he gouged Bellinger's eye.

I'm not saying it was intentional, but it's not an occurrence you see every day in this sport.
I am saying it was intentional and I'm pissed that the league hasn't said a word about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 27, 2022, 07:29:07 PMI am saying it was intentional and I'm pissed that the league hasn't said a word about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrew,

I will confess to wanting to blame Devin Lloyd.  I mean, my reaction was, "what the hell?  Were Howard and Fine his coaches?"   Still, if DL were a dirty player, I would think he would already have a history and reputation.  As far as I know this is the first such incident involving him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 27, 2022, 05:13:25 PMThat was my fear immediately after it happened. blood dripping from your eye is never a good thing. he is very lucky he didnt sustain permanent damage.

He injured his eye socket and his septum.  I'd guess that the blood was from the septum, not the eye socket.  As to permanent damage, we don't really know yet, but of course we all hope there's none.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

bighitterdalama

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 27, 2022, 08:25:04 PMAndrew,

I will confess to wanting to blame Devin Lloyd.  I mean, my reaction was, "what the hell?  Were Howard and Fine his coaches?"   Still, if DL were a dirty player, I would think he would already have a history and reputation.  As far as I know this is the first such incident involving him

Rich, wasn't it Tre Herndon, not Devin Lloyd?

jimc

Wasn't he supposed to have surgery yesterday? Any news on how that went?
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

Quote from: bighitterdalama on October 28, 2022, 01:07:33 AMRich, wasn't it Tre Herndon, not Devin Lloyd?

Brian, I am not sure.  I heard Devin's name on a podcast.  I could have been given bad info
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
·
#Giants TE Daniel Bellinger underwent successful surgery to correct fractures on lower window of eye socket and damage to septum, per source. Player hopes to return in 2-6 weeks, but separate source says 4-6 weeks could be more reasonable, depending on healing.