News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bellinger update: May be back by Thanksgiving

Started by Blue Fire, October 25, 2022, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 28, 2022, 02:15:07 PMJeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
ยท
#Giants TE Daniel Bellinger underwent successful surgery to correct fractures on lower window of eye socket and damage to septum, per source. Player hopes to return in 2-6 weeks, but separate source says 4-6 weeks could be more reasonable, depending on healing.

So Bellinger will miss anywhere from 1-5 games (since the bye is coming up).  I have had worse news.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 28, 2022, 02:50:35 PMSo Bellinger will miss anywhere from 1-5 games (since the bye is coming up).  I have had worse news.

The latter is what the experts I work with told me; 4-to-6 weeks with full vision returning in up to 1 year (in some cases). I didn't realize how dramatically different the eye heals from person-to-person. It's possible he could play before Thanksgiving with eye protection; however, he may have reduced visual acuity, which isn't ideal for a pass-catcher. 

B1GBLUE

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 27, 2022, 07:29:07 PMI am saying it was intentional and I'm pissed that the league hasn't said a word about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i think it would be really difficult to pinpoint that and he just as easily could have gotten his fingers broken caught up in the mask like brian baldinger.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 27, 2022, 08:25:04 PMAndrew,

I will confess to wanting to blame Devin Lloyd.  I mean, my reaction was, "what the hell?  Were Howard and Fine his coaches?"   Still, if DL were a dirty player, I would think he would already have a history and reputation.  As far as I know this is the first such incident involving him
All it takes is one time to lose your composure and cross the line. There are plenty of murderers who have only killed one person. You don't have to be a serial offender to be an offender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

kartanoman

Quote from: kingm56 on October 28, 2022, 03:19:20 PMThe latter is what the experts I work with told me; 4-to-6 weeks with full vision returning in up to 1 year (in some cases). I didn't realize how dramatically different the eye heals from person-to-person. It's possible he could play before Thanksgiving with eye protection; however, he may have reduced visual acuity, which isn't ideal for a pass-catcher. 

King, you nailed thr salient point home again. If you have ever sustained an eye injury, regardless of the degree, one of the common symptoms is your vision, and sometimes overall sight in more serious cases, is compromised. There's no magic wand to make it better immediately. Yes, they have drops and creams to deal with pain, discomfort and ward off infection, but the eye still has to heal.

Bellinger suffered serious trauma and I will continue to stand by my point that it doesn't matter when he comes back. Let him recover first. Let the ophthalmologist give him a clean bill of health. Let the poor guy have the chance to see as close to normally as possible. The football will be there for him when he's ready.

You simply cannot rush back a player with an eye injury. But he's young, the chances of him healing faster lie in his favor. But what you don't know is if his equilibrium will be good enough for him to play and endure contact. Try this at home. Run around, get your blood pumping, then quickly sit down, put your head between your legs for a 10 count, then jump back up and stand. Feel a little dizzy or light-headed? Now, imagine Bellinger feeling that every play, perhaps worse. Do you REALLY want to rush him back?

I know, let's see what Ronnie Barnes does with him, given his track record, here at ratemygiantsdoctor.com.

::)

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on October 29, 2022, 08:35:15 AMKing, you nailed thr salient point home again. If you have ever sustained an eye injury, regardless of the degree, one of the common symptoms is your vision, and sometimes overall sight in more serious cases, is compromised. There's no magic wand to make it better immediately. Yes, they have drops and creams to deal with pain, discomfort and ward off infection, but the eye still has to heal.

Bellinger suffered serious trauma and I will continue to stand by my point that it doesn't matter when he comes back. Let him recover first. Let the ophthalmologist give him a clean bill of health. Let the poor guy have the chance to see as close to normally as possible. The football will be there for him when he's ready.

You simply cannot rush back a player with an eye injury. But he's young, the chances of him healing faster lie in his favor. But what you don't know is if his equilibrium will be good enough for him to play and endure contact. Try this at home. Run around, get your blood pumping, then quickly sit down, put your head between your legs for a 10 count, then jump back up and stand. Feel a little dizzy or light-headed? Now, imagine Bellinger feeling that every play, perhaps worse. Do you REALLY want to rush him back?

I know, let's see what Ronnie Barnes does with him, given his track record, here at ratemygiantsdoctor.com.

::)

Peace!

Kart:

I got nothing from that link. Is the name of the site different from that? I am interested.

Slugsy-Narrows

I have had 2 instances of eye injury.

First was High School - Basketball in Gym.  Me and a fellow classmate got into it about being fouled and as I stepped closer he jabbed out and poked me in the eye.  Scratched the white of my eye and for close to a month I was putting drops in and my vision was blurred and it felt like sand in my eye. 

The 2nd was while working in the woods on a hunting property opposite eye   A branch snapped back, I didn't have eye glasses or eye protection on it the Branch scratched my eye.

Again same experience a good month of drops, blurred vision and the feeling of sand in my eye non stop.

Most annoying injuries I've ever had!

Yea the eye was better after a month, BUT it was at least a month after that till I felt normal.  Till today my right on I got the branch stuck with I will have occasional plain discomfort and the feeling of sand in it and have to put drops in to relieve it.

So yea this kid is going to be hurting for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Fire

Sounds like there is tremendous variability with this type of injury. Hopefully we get him back on the lower end of the recovery time.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 29, 2022, 08:57:31 AMKart:

I got nothing from that link. Is the name of the site different from that? I am interested.

I thought he meant this board.  Ratemygiantsdoctor would have a rather small target of people to be a real website.  IOW:

Foghorn Leghorn: I say, I say that's a joke, son | Jokes ...
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on October 29, 2022, 11:26:00 AMI thought he meant this board.  Ratemygiantsdoctor would have a rather small target of people to be a real website.  IOW:

Foghorn Leghorn: I say, I say that's a joke, son | Jokes ...

Haha. Whoops.

Feeling a little sheepish... 

:laugh:

kartanoman

It was a joke or, perhaps, a bit of satire for fans here all ripe and ready to hang Barnes in effigy.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin