News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Marvin Harrison Jr, anyone?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, October 29, 2022, 03:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

This kid has all the measurables that we need and is DOMINANT this year.

Any interest? Possible that we draft him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 29, 2022, 03:42:02 PMThis kid has all the measures Lea we need and is DOMINANT this year.

I'm all in. Whole lotta, lotta interest here! He would be a godsend to the Giants if he decides to declare after he finishes his freshman year and if he's available where we draft
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 29, 2022, 04:00:07 PMI'm all in. Whole lotta, lotta interest here! He would be a godsend to the Giants if he decides to declare after he finishes his freshman year and if he's available where we draft
He's actually a Sophomore at OSU, he had a solid Freshman year and in the absence of Smith-Ninjigma, he has been dominant.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

madbadger

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 29, 2022, 03:42:02 PMThis kid has all the measurables that we need and is DOMINANT this year.

Isn't draft eligible this year and will be gone in the top five picks in 2024. But yes he's filthy. Whoever drafts him will likely be picking a ten time pro bowl receiver. Same goes for UGA tight end Brock Bowers, who IMHO, is the best right end prospect since Vernon Davis revolutionized the position

DaveBrown74

Pure stud. We won't get him though unless we suck next year.

Jclayton92

Smith-Njigba is the Dominant one, Harrison Jr is amazing, but Njiba and even the Freshman Emeka Egbuka are going to be ELITE. The only WR class I can compare this to is Smith/Waddle/Ruggs Or Metcalf/Brown/Moore. All elite Wrs, and the 3 still on campus are better than the 2 that got drafted this past season from Ohio st.

Jclayton92

There are a few WRs coming out this year that are really nice.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2022, 06:37:09 PMThere are a few WRs coming out this year that are really nice.

Agreed JC. All the more reason to not be giving away premium draft capital for a 2nd or 3rd tier receiver who only has one full year left on his rookie deal.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 29, 2022, 07:36:56 PMAgreed JC. All the more reason to not be giving away premium draft capital for a 2nd or 3rd tier receiver who only has one full year left on his rookie deal.
Agreed the kid at TCU is gonna be a good one.

PSUBeirut

Hated to see the Buckeyes beat my Nittany Lions AGAIN but have to agree about Harrison- although his counterpart on the other side had more impressive catches today- Parker Washington.  He looks like he's going to be stepping up as the next outstanding PSU wideout to come out.

madbadger

Just want to point out how absurdly talented that OSU receiver room is. Alabama's best receiver last year transferred and started immediately at Bama but was fifth on OSU's depth chart.

Their forth receiver this year is Julian Fleming. Coming out of high school he was ESPN's number one player in the country. This year he has 400 yards and 6 touchdowns, despite not getting the number of targets the other guys get. At any other program, including Alabama and Georgia, he'd likely be the number one. He's draft eligible this year and would be worthy  of our second round pick.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2022, 11:23:58 PMJust want to point out how absurdly talented that OSU receiver room is. Alabama's best receiver last year transferred and started immediately at Bama but was fifth on OSU's depth chart.

Their forth receiver this year is Julian Fleming. Coming out of high school he was ESPN's number one player in the country. This year he has 400 yards and 6 touchdowns, despite not getting the number of targets the other guys get. At any other program, including Alabama and Georgia, he'd likely be the number one. He's draft eligible this year and would be worthy  of our second round pick.

Yup, and they were obviously great last year too as both Wilson and Olave were there.

I don't have a strong view at this stage as to what Stroud will be in the NFL, but I can't help but be at least mildly skeptical no matter what his college stats are.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2022, 06:36:16 PMSmith-Njigba is the Dominant one, Harrison Jr is amazing, but Njiba and even the Freshman Emeka Egbuka are going to be ELITE. The only WR class I can compare this to is Smith/Waddle/Ruggs Or Metcalf/Brown/Moore. All elite Wrs, and the 3 still on campus are better than the 2 that got drafted this past season from Ohio st.

Smith-Njigba is good but scares me with his hamstring injury which has likited him all season.  After Toney, I dont want to hear about hamstrings anymore

Philosophers

The WR who is really on my radar for the Giants is TCU's Quentin Johnston.  He's 6'4" 210 with 4.4 speed, 42" vertical.  He's an athletic freak.  Runs good routes and great acceleration.  Averaging like 20 YPC each season in college.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2022, 11:31:34 PMSmith-Njigba is good but scares me with his hamstring injury which has likited him all season.  After Toney, I dont want to hear about hamstrings anymore

Agreed and far more importantly I think the new regime agrees as well. They went out of their way to avoid players with material injury histories in this past draft, and they constantly bring up tough/smart/dependable. So I'm guessing they won't be prioritizing Smith-Njigba if he's even available when they pick.