News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Smith dedicates game to Reese and McAdoo

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2022, 06:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 01:20:16 PMI found the actual quote and it's less combative than the Tweet I shared led me to believe

https://twitter.com/sportswatch/status/1586877468765720581

If you watch him in the video, it seems pretty clear that he's not being combative or disrespectful at all.

Ed Vette

At that time nobody really gave a hoot about how this man may have felt after that backlash from the fanbase. He actually had a decent game for his first start. Once the streak was broken they should have stuck with him except Mara interfered. Had he played out the rest of the season, who knows what might have happened. Eli clearly wasn't finished and had a respectable 2018 season. Geno had a good season last year too after finally getting an opportunity to start again. Speaks for his tenacity and resilience and he deserves credit for that.

I agree that it seemed more like a moment of catharsis for him than anything else.   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

todge

I think his comments were classic Geno Smith. He has a reputation for being a jerk and someone who is disliked by the majority of his teammates. So now he has some success and he's poking shots at the GMs who gave up on him.

I'm glad he's gone. Eventually he'll dig another grave in Seattle. It's only a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYM

That comment was bizarre. That was years ago, Reese isn't thinking about Geno Smith and McAdoo is trying to find a way to save his job as OC in Carolina, he isn't thinking about Geno Smith either.

EDIT: I guess thinking about it some more, the Jets dumped him after that locker room incident, he got dumped from the Chargers as well - I guess until this year when he was brought in as a backup and got the Seahawks job because Drew Lock was terrible, Reese and McAdoo may actually have been the only ones to show some confidence in him.