News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How tough is the NFC East right now?

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2022, 09:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

No doubt it appears to be the best division in football right now, and by a considerable margin. Even the Commanders have shown themselves to not be terrible.

True Blue

It is a much improved division overall, and one of the toughest this year. However, as much as it pains me, I don't see anyone posing too much of a threat to Philly this year in our division. They are playing damn good ball this year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on October 31, 2022, 09:52:21 AMIt is a much improved division overall, and one of the toughest this year. However, as much as it pains me, I don't see anyone posing too much of a threat to Philly this year in our division. They are playing damn good ball this year.

As much as it pains me, I think Dallas is playing nearly as well
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 10:02:02 AMAs much as it pains me, I think Dallas is playing nearly as well

I live comfortably thinking Dak will inevitably choke in the big games as usual  :smug:  :Giants:

state_property

Philly and Dallas playing as expected based on their level of talent on their roster.

The Giants on the other hand are playing well above the level of talent on their roster.

Blue Fire

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 10:02:02 AMAs much as it pains me, I think Dallas is playing nearly as well

Dallas is a very well rounded team talent wise and also has strong coaching to boot. Don't love the HC but he is buoyed by a very strong coordinator staff. Quinn at DC is one of the best in the business and that OC is going to get some serious HC offers soon. For the moment, they undoubtedly have more established talent than we do.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 10:55:16 AMDallas is a very well rounded team talent wise and also has strong coaching to boot. Don't love the HC but he is buoyed by a very strong coordinator staff. Quinn at DC is one of the best in the business and that OC is going to get some serious HC offers soon. For the moment, they undoubtedly have more established talent than we do.

Yeah, not fan of McCarthy, but his OC and DC are top-notch
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

not sure how dallas finesses the cap every year, given all the name players they have.  Hate to say it but IMO skins [commies] are better with heineke than they were with wentz.  That injury helped their team. 
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

Dallas is clearly a strong team and so is Philly. Both have QBs however whom I have at least some degree of doubt about. I was pretty down on Hurts last year because I simply didn't believe he had the arm talent, but I have somewhat softened my view on him. Still, I need to see him up against some good defenses and winning a playoff game or two before I consider him a bona fide top 10 starter in this league.

Dak is a respectable NFL QB, but I don't like the way he never gets it done in the postseason. And this is a guy who has played behind Fort Knox O lines and has had elite talent around him, so he has no excuses as far as I'm concerned. I feel like he is a competent, solid QB but one who has been propped up by his surroundings to a large degree.