News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giant and other trade deadline Twitter notes: Leo beasted, snap counts, etc.

Started by Blue Fire, October 31, 2022, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 11:02:50 AMHe missed a wide open Cage. And yes he seemed a bit more unnerved, frazzled in this game moreso than almost any other this year. But all QBs have a bad game or two. If he doesn't bounce back after the bye vs. two 'lesser' teams then I'll be a bit more concerned.

To me he had the same look of frazzle and posture as he showed in the Dallas game. Interesting that both games were higher profile. Let's hope it's a hiccup and not a norm

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on October 31, 2022, 11:48:07 AMTo me he had the same look of frazzle and posture as he showed in the Dallas game. Interesting that both games were higher profile. Let's hope it's a hiccup and not a norm

In the Dallas game he had very poor protection and was running for his life. Understandable to be somewhat frazzled. Yesterday he was up against a weak defense, but it seemed to be the noise that got to him.

Blue Fire

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 11:44:55 AMI think the last sentence is the key one. Day three means fourth rounder or lower. Based on everything we know, it seems highly likely (and Vacchiano obviously agrees) that Schoen will be unwilling to part with premium draft capital. I think he'd rather do no trade at all than part with a 2, and apparently it's questionable that he'd even part with a 3.

We'll know for sure in less than 30 hours, but I think it's pretty clear that our GM is not likely to want to give up valuable assets this year to add one player to a team that has a lot of needs still.

I think the last sentence refers to Cook specifically. But I guess we'll see. Cooks for a 4th rounder would be great but he might be slowing down a bit as he has a lot of tread on the tires.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Blue Fire

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 11:49:38 AMIn the Dallas game he had very poor protection and was running for his life. Understandable to be somewhat frazzled. Yesterday he was up against a weak defense, but it seemed to be the noise that got to him.

And perhaps a bit of guys simply not being open enough.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 11:49:38 AMIn the Dallas game he had very poor protection and was running for his life. Understandable to be somewhat frazzled. Yesterday he was up against a weak defense, but it seemed to be the noise that got to him.

Think what impacted his play was Seattle taking away his running lanes which he had gone to so many times late in games.  Those running lanes are his comfort zone that don't force him to throw the ball down field.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 11:52:49 AMI think the last sentence refers to Cook specifically. But I guess we'll see. Cooks for a 4th rounder would be great but he might be slowing down a bit as he has a lot of tread on the tires.

Fair enough. I agree that that's possible.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

Jclayton92

@DaveBrown74 @Rambo89 Everything I'm hearing says Dline not WR. This is from Jordan Ranaan:

"What do the Giants do ahead of the trade deadline on Tuesday? Everyone naturally points to receiver. It's certainly a need, but the Giants are just as likely to add to their defensive line considering their struggles stopping the run this season. They lacked depth and lost veteran Nick Williams (biceps) on Sunday. A receiver is still possible, but only if it makes sense for the future and doesn't cost premium draft capital, which is likely the case with Denver's Jerry Jeudy. General manager Joe Schoen remains realistic about where this 6-2 roster stands".

But you're correct no premium capital, at most a 4th.

Rambo89

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 31, 2022, 12:15:14 PM@DaveBrown74 @Rambo89 Everything I'm hearing says Dline not WR. This is from Jordan Ranaan:

"What do the Giants do ahead of the trade deadline on Tuesday? Everyone naturally points to receiver. It's certainly a need, but the Giants are just as likely to add to their defensive line considering their struggles stopping the run this season. They lacked depth and lost veteran Nick Williams (biceps) on Sunday. A receiver is still possible, but only if it makes sense for the future and doesn't cost premium draft capital, which is likely the case with Denver's Jerry Jeudy. General manager Joe Schoen remains realistic about where this 6-2 roster stands".

I saw that a little while ago and was a bit surprised but when you think about it makes sense when you look at the entire roster and their depth.  It's why it makes little sense to give up draft capital with as many holes on the roster as they have.  They'll need their draft picks.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 31, 2022, 12:15:14 PM@DaveBrown74 @Rambo89 Everything I'm hearing says Dline not WR. This is from Jordan Ranaan:

If it's true that Schoen doesn't want to spend more than a 4th, then that rules out most of these receivers we're talking about. I think there are teams out there that are more desperate to win now like Green Bay, Tennessee, the Pats (though the Pats seldom give away picks), the Colts, the Rams etc who will likely be willing to outbid us for the higher end ones.

Would it surprise me if the Giants used a day 3 pick and landed someone like a Terrace Marshall type if he is available? No, but my base case is still that they ultimately do nothing. We'll see.

Blue Fire

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
I think Wan'Dale's usage is reflective of this not being the way this regime wants to play offense. Hats off to them for cobbling together a functional offense, but I expect a much more wide-open, pass-heavy offense when they get more pieces. That's what he was drafted to fit

Jclayton92

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 01:10:32 PMDan Duggan
@DDuggan21
I think Wan'Dale's usage is reflective of this not being the way this regime wants to play offense. Hats off to them for cobbling together a functional offense, but I expect a much more wide-open, pass-heavy offense when they get more pieces. That's what he was drafted to fit
I think you are posting that assuming it's about the Wrs but it's about the QB... Because why would they hold Wan'Dale back if he's good, it only makes sense if they hold him back because they don't trust the QB to get him the ball. Because Jones has not shown at all this season that he can be vertical or win with his arm... if he could don't you think the coaches would allow it?

President Rick

back to the topic...the noise in seattle is always a major factor, with some weird acoustics to do that in an outdoor arena.  And we generally have not played well there over the years.  Yes DJ had an off game, but crowder always seems to be off.  I'd rather risk a less experienced LB in his stead, since crowder is a liability in coverage period. 
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 11:44:55 AMI think the last sentence is the key one. Day three means fourth rounder or lower. Based on everything we know, it seems highly likely (and Vacchiano obviously agrees) that Schoen will be unwilling to part with premium draft capital. I think he'd rather do no trade at all than part with a 2, and apparently it's questionable that he'd even part with a 3.

We'll know for sure in less than 30 hours, but I think it's pretty clear that our GM is not likely to want to give up valuable assets this year to add one player to a team that has a lot of needs still.

Isn't it a breath of fresh air to be able to say that about the GM!?!  It makes me want to shed a single tear of joy.  Competency at the top!  Who would have thought it even possible?

Blue Fire

Dan Salomone
@Dan_Salomone
·
Daboll said he's seen constant improvement from Micah McFadden. He made the most of his chances yesterday.
They are working the phones

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan

Brian Daboll on whether he expects #Giants to be active at trade deadline:

"We'll see. Those are conversations I'll have with Joe [Schoen]. We'll just take each of them as they come."

Paul Schwartz
@NYPost_Schwartz
·
Brian Daboll on being 6-2: "Those are in the past. We put some money in the bank, so to speak.''

GiantsWFAN
@giantswfan
·
#Giants Daboll - every one on staff is tired and players are sore...you try to recharge in the bye to get ready to go again

Dan Salomone
@Dan_Salomone
·

Brian Daboll said players will be gone after today for the bye week. Coaches will stay for a little longer but then get a long weekend off.

Rambo89

Saw some where that Schoen will be giving the bye week press conference this week that Jerry Reese used to give before Gettleman dump them because he was too weak to face the media.