News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giant and other trade deadline Twitter notes: Leo beasted, snap counts, etc.

Started by Blue Fire, October 31, 2022, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 31, 2022, 03:26:06 PMSaw some where that Schoen will be giving the bye week press conference this week that Jerry Reese used to give before Gettleman dump them because he was too weak to face the media.

That's great news if true. I'd love to hear from him and for him to take some questions from the reporters. Part of the reason I like hearing from him is that I feel like he is a man who is true to his word. At least that has been my impression to this point.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 31, 2022, 03:26:06 PMSaw some where that Schoen will be giving the bye week press conference this week that Jerry Reese used to give before Gettleman dump them because he was too weak to face the media.

I believe the conference is tomorrow
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Blue Fire

Dan Schneier
@DanSchneierNFL
Per Schefty the Texans asking price for Brandin Cooks starts w/ a Round 2 pick, but why?

.....Well could mean they have an offer for a 4th right now and want someone to give them a 3rd.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 06:00:46 PMDan Schneier
@DanSchneierNFL
Per Schefty the Texans asking price for Brandin Cooks starts w/ a Round 2 pick, but why?

.....Well could mean they have an offer for a 4th right now and want someone to give them a 3rd.

I wouldn't even give a 4th for Cooks.

Rambo89

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 06:00:46 PMDan Schneier
@DanSchneierNFL

Pretty clear it means unless you're offering a 2nd don't even bother asking.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Blue Fire

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 31, 2022, 06:30:10 PMPretty clear it means unless you're offering a 2nd don't even bother asking.

Right, because negotiations are always straight forward.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 07:38:42 PMRight, because negotiations are always straight forward.

If negotiations are said to "start" with a 2nd round pick tells me that's where it starts and the rest is up for negotiation.  Meaning they want a 2nd round pick plus other picks which are up for negotiations.

Blue Fire

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 31, 2022, 07:43:38 PMIf negotiations are said to "start" with a 2nd round pick tells me that's where it starts and the rest is up for negotiation.  Meaning they want a 2nd round pick plus other picks which are up for negotiations.

Right, because the way things are posed in the media is always an accurate inidcator during the negotiation process.

Rambo89

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 31, 2022, 07:55:50 PMRight, because the way things are posed in the media is always an accurate inidcator during the negotiation process.

You're moving the goal posts here.  You were the one who speculated that it meant that it could mean they have an offer for a 4th and want a 3rd which makes no sense if you're basing it off the report.

Blue Fire

Jclayton92

Because it would have been picks in 2028 probably, The Rams trade away 1st round picks like candy. It's why they're so top heavy now, they have no depth.

Blue Fire

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 01, 2022, 11:03:40 AMBecause it would have been picks in 2028 probably, The Rams trade away 1st round picks like candy. It's why they're so top heavy now, they have no depth.

True but they also won a Super Bowl with their building philosophy as well. That should not be minimized.

Dumpster Dan

Getting TE Hockenson from the Lions for a 2d and a 3d

Lions sending Hockenson and a 4th

Dumpster Dan

kingm56

Makes sense...they're in their window. Although, I don't see a Kirk Cousin led team beating a Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen led team in the SB. 

DaveBrown74

I like this move for Detroit. This is a lost season for them, and they already have enough aerial weapons on this team (especially when Jameson Williams is ready). And if Hockenson is a good blocker, they have a top O line already. This season is lost though as their D is a joke, and Goff isn't a long term answer. Getting a 2 and a 3 for a guy who is on his fourth year already and who gets hurt a lot and isn't really needed is the right move for them.