News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats for the Seahawks game

Started by MightyGiants, October 31, 2022, 12:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

OFFENSE

Heroes

Darius Slayton

Goats

Tyre Phillips
Lawrence Cager
Marcus Johnson
Joshua Ezeudu
Daniel Jones

DEFENSE

Heroes

Adoree' Jackson (elite)
Leonard Williams
Tomon Fox

Goats

Darnay Holmes
Tae Crowder
Justin Ellis
Nick McCloud
Jihad Ward
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 12:41:01 PMNo big surprises here that jump out at me.

I was mildly surprised that Jackson got an elite grade.  I thought he got beaten a couple of times in the second half for big gains (although I appreciate PFF limits how much giving up a big gain can impact your grade)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 12:48:32 PMI was mildly surprised that Jackson got an elite grade.  I thought he got beaten a couple of times in the second half for big gains (although I appreciate PFF limits how much giving up a big gain can impact your grade)

Yup fair enough. I think he deserved a good grade as he had a number of excellent plays, but I agree that it's a little surprising that getting beaten deep a couple of times did not at least drag him back below the "elite" level. Elite in my mind for a single game should mean you were pretty darn close to perfect.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I wonder what held Thomas back from hero status this week from a PFF perspective. I'm assuming he had a pretty good grade?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 31, 2022, 01:19:35 PMI wonder what held Thomas back from hero status this week from a PFF perspective. I'm assuming he had a pretty good grade?

He had an elite 91.1 pass blocking, but it was offset by a poor 55.8 run-blocking grade
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Not surprised to see Fox on the hero list.  Seemed like he was all over the place yesterday. 

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 31, 2022, 01:23:55 PMNot surprised to see Fox on the hero list.  Seemed like he was all over the place yesterday.
I remember thinking to myself during the game that Fox looked almost unstoppable out there. It's a huge when a player, like Fox who was passed over by every team in he league, can make such an impact. A couple more games like this one and they won't be able to keep him off the field.

nb587

I must have missed something re Cager.  The only play I remember is Jones overthrowing an open Cager.  What did he do wrong to be goat?

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on October 31, 2022, 03:21:58 PMI must have missed something re Cager.  The only play I remember is Jones overthrowing an open Cager.  What did he do wrong to be goat?

Apparently, that must have been the exception rather than the rule, as he had a 53.4 pass grade and a 57.3 run-blocking grade
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56