News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Bears send Smith to the Ravens

Started by Dumpster Dan, October 31, 2022, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

For a 2d and a 5th

Seems kind of steep to me--

Contract up this year

Dumpster Dan

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on October 31, 2022, 03:37:37 PMFor a 2d and a 5th

Seems kind of steep to me--

Contract up this year

Dumpster Dan

2X pro bowler in his prime, I was thinking the compensation was a bit light, but then I remember that Smith is looking for a big payday
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 03:49:05 PM2X pro bowler in his prime, I was thinking the compensation was a bit light, but then I remember that Smith is looking for a big payday

I was surprised to see Roquan Smith's PFF grades to be horrid (50.8 in 2022; 47.8 in 2021). I know PFF is not the be all end all, but those grades are unflattering. Ravens usually don't make huge mistakes, so I have to think there's a big discrepancy there. Likely means Patrick Queen won't get paid by Baltimore if they're locking Roquan up (which I have to imagine if they're paying the draft assets to get him).

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on October 31, 2022, 03:54:07 PMI was surprised to see Roquan Smith's PFF grades to be horrid (50.8 in 2022; 47.8 in 2021). I know PFF is not the be all end all, but those grades are unflattering. Ravens usually don't make huge mistakes, so I have to think there's a big discrepancy there. Likely means Patrick Queen won't get paid by Baltimore if they're locking Roquan up (which I have to imagine if they're paying the draft assets to get him).

I think PFF tends to be better with linemen (O or D)  I tend to take their off the ball LB grades with a grain of salt as I think they are harder to grade without knowing their particular responsibility in a given scheme
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I wonder if the Bears are pondering moving on from Fields. If that's even a possibility in their minds, loading the boat on draft capital makes sense. Between this and the Robert Quinn trade they have picked up some decent capital.

True Blue

DaveBrown74

The Ravens are not a dumb team, that's for sure.

That doesn't mean they're infallible though.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

@Dumpster Dan heard the Rams and Buffalo reached out to us need RB & Oline help. Specifically RB and tackle help for Buffalo. Just the rumors swirling currently