News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

An excellent article on the Giants and the trade deadline

Started by MightyGiants, November 01, 2022, 09:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Yeah no 5th year, 5 injuries In 3 years, just too much for a 2nd rd pick.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2022, 01:21:48 PMTim,

I am not saying that Jones is being distracted, but rather that those large men doing battle limit and obstructs his vision.  Ever try to view an event at ground level with people as tall as you standing in front of you?
With a good pocket, which he has had for the majority of his drop backs, he has good vision of his receivers. I'll say it another way: if he can see the shallow pattern receiver, surely he can see the guy 10 yards downfield from the shallow guy even better, no?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2022, 12:28:09 PMI will also add that it's not so much skipping ahead in his progression. The whole point of a progression is to find the open man. If there are two open receivers, go to the one with better advantage, be it separation or gain. That's on the QB to decide. Sticking hard and fast to the progression is not a recipe for success, if you ask me. I'd rather look at it as a guide.
I remember one of those plays in the Seattle game you are referring to, Jones throws to Hudson on 3rd down for a completion short with Breida 4 feet away and open. Sanchez was asking why Jones wouldn't throw it to Breida as Hudson is already in front and can block for Breida so there is at least a chance of a 1st down instead of throwing the 5 yard pass to Hudson and it dying 4 yards short of the stick.

T200

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 01, 2022, 02:13:35 PMI remember one of those plays in the Seattle game you are referring to, Jones throws to Hudson on 3rd down for a completion short with Breida 4 feet away and open. Sanchez was asking why Jones wouldn't throw it to Breida as Hudson is already in front and can block for Breida so there is at least a chance of a 1st down instead of throwing the 5 yard pass to Hudson and it dying 4 yards short of the stick.
Right. In a mistake-free game, maybe it's not a big deal. But when a team is chasing points and the clock, those conversions are crucial. And a little decision like that can mean the difference between winning and losing.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 01, 2022, 10:08:06 AMJust speculating, but it kind of seems like Schoen has a couple of guys he likes but that his best offer for them will be a round later than the competition. We shall see. We are no more than 6 hours away from knowing.

I agree. If a trade possibly exists that improves the receiver corps and comes with a price tag that represents value he'll do it. If not he's content to keep his powder dry and continue to build the roster this offseason. It seems as if our front office has a plan and they're going to carry it out instead of thrashing to and fro in the hopes of getting better.

Jclayton92

Man the Jaguars did the 1 deal that I would have done at the trade deadline they got Calvin Ridley from Atlanta who is suspended this year for a 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024... I would have done that in a heartbeat even though we wouldn't get him this year.

Also William Jackson was trades from Washington to the Steelers

And the Dolphins gave up a 1st rd pick and a RB for Bradley Chubb and a 5th rd pick. The Dolphins then got the 49ers Rb Jeff Wilson for a 5th rd pick.

Slugsy-Narrows

It's after 4pm do you know where your trade deadline players are!!!!?????

Hmmmmm so much for knowing JS was definitely buying at the trade deadline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trench

To the Jones debate being discussed here on his reads I would just add:

- many in the Jones camp were shaking the tree saying he has no time to throw. That has been debunked in recent games as he clearly has had a pocket

- the part that annoys the crap out of me is when he is on the rollout (or in the process of making something out of nothing), I have rarely see him do what almost every other NFL QB does - which is find a wide open receiver for a huge gain!...now if you want to put that on the WRs that's fair. But we have seen wide open receivers in these instances yet he has consistently went to the check down guy

Rambo89

I'm wondering if the check downs are what he's being told to do cause the coaches don't trust him or if it's his lack of instincts.  Hard to say without being inside coaches meetings.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18