News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which is the worse loss?

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, November 01, 2022, 10:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

A lot of Giants' fans were let down this past Sunday from a rather humiliating defeat after getting our hopes up. But I watched that game last night and what a balloon popping game for Bengals' fans. Last year they beat Buffalo in one of the greatest games in history and went to the Superbowl. Then they got manhandled and bent over by the 2-5 Browns, looking as if they aren't even a playoff team

As for me, I feel the Giants loss had much less sting to it than Cincy getting their asses handed to them by lowly Cleveland. I suspect a lot of angst among Bengals' fans this morning. As for the Giants, we were never going to run the table, and we have to expect losses here and there...hopefully not blowouts like last night

We are still learning to crawl before we run and our team is a hodgepodge of rookies and a few holdovers here and there. Our future points up. I can't say the same about the Bengals. It appears last year was their shining moment and it's downhil from here. I could be wrong. Happens alot  :crazy:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

President Rick

Seattle played well, and as usual the opposing players were at their best against the NFL's greatest franchise.  If Geno had showed for us what he's done this year, we'd not likely have a DJ on the roster.  We lost, made crucial errors, but did not lose to some small school JV team.  Seahawks are playing and coached well.  We need to rally after the bye.  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

AYM

Cincinnati doesn't have Chase and they're suffering from Superbowl loss malaise.

Blue Fire

Right now without nearly enough talent in the receiving area further exacerbated by the loss of Bellinger its hard to call any loss to an above .500 team as terrible.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Ed Vette

Just look at the rushing totals from both teams and a chaseless toothless wildcat.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Cincinnati loss was worse losing to a division rival who on paper they are better than.  Giants lost to a team with a winning record and were probably due to lose.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Giant Obsession

I woke up this morning.  It is November and the New York Football Giants have only lost 2 games thus far.

And I have to decide which loss is worse ??

I'm going back to bed :)
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on November 01, 2022, 10:32:23 AMA lot of Giants' fans were let down this past Sunday from a rather humiliating defeat after getting our hopes up. But I watched that game last night and what a balloon popping game for Bengals' fans. Last year they beat Buffalo in one of the greatest games in history and went to the Superbowl. Then they got manhandled and bent over by the 2-5 Browns, looking as if they aren't even a playoff team

As for me, I feel the Giants loss had much less sting to it than Cincy getting their asses handed to them by lowly Cleveland. I suspect a lot of angst among Bengals' fans this morning. As for the Giants, we were never going to run the table, and we have to expect losses here and there...hopefully not blowouts like last night

We are still learning to crawl before we run and our team is a hodgepodge of rookies and a few holdovers here and there. Our future points up. I can't say the same about the Bengals. It appears last year was their shining moment and it's downhil from here. I could be wrong. Happens alot  :crazy:

Jolly, please don't take my response as an indictment of your thread because it is very relevant.  I have just become such a simple thinking Giant fan these past 10 years that my ability to delve deeply into these matters seems to have disappeared..  I just eat the meal and thank the cook anymore :)
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon