News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rest-of-Season NFL Strength of Schedule

Started by MightyGiants, November 01, 2022, 12:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Mike Clay  @MikeClayNFL
27m
Rest-of-Season NFL Strength of Schedule based on my current evaluation of each team. Green = Easier Red = Harder

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Giants have to win the Houston, Detroit, and Indianapolis home games. Split with the Commanders and they're 10-7 for the season. Not bad at all. I think it unlikely the steal one from Philly or at Dallas, but crazier things have happened.

Jolly Blue Giant

Looks like a couple of probable wins after the bye and then the schedule gets brutal...Dallas again, Philly twice, Washington twice (they've been improving dramatically), Vikings, and Colts. If we can win half those games, we'd be 11-7 which is a huge jump from the last few years. Going 50/50 from here on isn't going to be an easy row to hoe  :no:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

How does New England have a tougher schedule than us? Five of our last 6 games are division games. New England and the Giants share two of the same opponents (IND and MIN).
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

uconnjack8

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2022, 12:23:59 PMHow does New England have a tougher schedule than us? Five of our last 6 games are division games. New England and the Giants share two of the same opponents (IND and MIN).

Tim,

I think if you do the math on these the separation from the Giants to NE is not much.  The Giants games against Houston (1-5-1) and Detroit (1-6) reduce their opponents winning % significantly.  The weaker part of the Pats schedule are teams with 2 and 3 wins. 

T200

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 01, 2022, 12:47:56 PMTim,

I think if you do the math on these the separation from the Giants to NE is not much.  The Giants games against Houston (1-5-1) and Detroit (1-6) reduce their opponents winning % significantly.  The weaker part of the Pats schedule are teams with 2 and 3 wins. 
Could be. I don't want to dig too deep into this. It was just an observation. But I would think that having Philly (still undefeated) on the schedule twice and a 2-loss Dallas team would weigh more on the difficult side.

Oh well. Line 'em up and we'll knock 'em down!  :ok:

uconnjack8

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2022, 12:56:39 PMCould be. I don't want to dig too deep into this. It was just an observation. But I would think that having Philly (still undefeated) on the schedule twice and a 2-loss Dallas team would weigh more on the difficult side.

I think this is straight up opponents win-loss records.  Giants play 3 division games against teams with great records and the Pats play 4 divisions games against teams with good records. 

I really think the difference here might be the Patriots have teams with a combined 5 more wins than the Giants. 

T200

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 01, 2022, 01:04:41 PMI think this is straight up opponents win-loss records.  Giants play 3 division games against teams with great records and the Pats play 4 divisions games against teams with good records. 

I really think the difference here might be the Patriots have teams with a combined 5 more wins than the Giants. 
I didn't count them up but you're probably right on target with that.  :ok:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2022, 12:56:39 PMCould be. I don't want to dig too deep into this. It was just an observation. But I would think that having Philly (still undefeated) on the schedule twice and a 2-loss Dallas team would weigh more on the difficult side.

Tim,

If you look at Mike Clayton's original tweet he said, "based on my evaluations"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2022, 02:18:35 PMTim,

If you look at Mike Clayton's original tweet he said, "based on my evaluations"
Ahhh, so he's looking at the team AND their upcoming schedule, not just the opponents' records. If the Giants were 2-6 as opposed to 6-2, he'd have them lower on the graphic.