News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For the Old Timers

Started by katkavage, November 01, 2022, 04:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Identify all the Giants in this picture.
You cannot view this attachment.

Rosehill Jimmy

I qualify as one but the file can't be found (404 file error message)
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

afan56

I recognize Allie Sherman and Tarkenton, and Alex Webster? 1968-9 era? I'm real old!

jimv

That's Rosey Brown looking over their shoulders.  That picture is nowhere being "old."

LennG

Since we all can see Allie Sherman and Fran Tarkington, the pix had to be in either 1967 or 1968. As we can see the #77 standing right there and he is white, in 1967 that was Rosey Davis's number and he was Black, so the pic had to be of the 1968 NY Giants.

If so,
#89 was Bobby Crespino
#77 was Rich Buzin
#10 is Fran Tarkington
#15 would have to be some RB named Gary Lane

Alex Webster is the guy wearing the headset as an assistant coach.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

In 1968 I  was stationed at Rhein-Main AB in Frankfurt Germany. No Giants football for me but plenty of great beer. Wouldn't be surprised if LennG was over there too.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Bob In PA

THOSE are my favorite Giants uniforms ever. Nothing flashy... get out there, get the job done, win and go home. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 01, 2022, 05:17:04 PMTHOSE are my favorite Giants uniforms ever. Nothing flashy... get out there, get the job done, win and go home. Bob
Love them too, Bob. That color blue will always be my favorite.

katkavage

I would listen to Giant games while raking leaves (another old fashioned chore I had to do to get allowance). Marty Glickman doing the play by play.

LennG

Quote from: ps11yat14 on November 01, 2022, 05:13:06 PMIn 1968 I  was stationed at Rhein-Main AB in Frankfurt Germany. No Giants football for me but plenty of great beer. Wouldn't be surprised if LennG was over there too.

Bill

You got that right Bill. Ramstein AFB from 1966-1969 and maybe it was a good thing to be away from some of those Giant teams.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Looking at the pic once again, in the background, we can see a player with an 8 on his sleeve and a 2 on his chest, that should be Bobby Duhon. And it sure looks like an 82 on a player's helmet. If so, that is someone named McKinley Boston who played 2 years for the Giants with little success.
Looking at the pic, I cannot see the first number of the guy with the 9 on his helmet and shirt, but looking at the roster, I would venture a guess at it being Gary Wood #19.

That's all I can see. I did do some research on this and came across the GM for that team, a name I never heard of EVER--Ray Walsh. Maybe that's why we were so bad.

Funny thing is we had some talent then, Homer Jones, Tucker Frederickson, the afore mentioned Bobby Duhon and, of course Fran. I think our defense was terrible, except for Spider Lockhart and Willie Williams, there wasn't a name that was any good.

Charlie Weiss

Rambo89

Quote from: LennG on November 01, 2022, 05:04:26 PMSince we all can see Allie Sherman and Fran Tarkington, the pix had to be in either 1967 or 1968. As we can see the #77 standing right there and he is white, in 1967 that was Rosey Davis's number and he was Black, so the pic had to be of the 1968 NY Giants.

If so,
#89 was Bobby Crespino
#77 was Rich Buzin
#10 is Fran Tarkington
#15 would have to be some RB named Gary Lane

Alex Webster is the guy wearing the headset as an assistant coach.

Alex Webster sort of looks like the Dad from the Wonder Years in this picture
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18