News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JS on the Giants WR grouo

Started by MightyGiants, November 01, 2022, 06:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I have to confess his response didn't inspire much confidence, at least for me

https://twitter.com/talkingiants/status/1587541827065942018
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

couldn't be happier, he listened, and made an offer it seems but wasn't willing to trade his house for a camper. Great job. The way he handled himself at this deadline with teams will set the standard going forward that we won't overpay. I'm fine with calling and listening but even happier about being selective and sticking with the plan.

Blue Fire

Not impressed either. Kenny Golladay really? Lol. The sample size is not small at this point. Stranger things have happened but I am not banking my hopes there.

Feels like a tremendous wasted opportunity being a little too long sighted missing perhaps a smarter move for the present (considering we are 6-2).

A rookie WR usually isnt going to become your established #1 in year 1 either.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

kingm56

Quote from: Blue Fire on November 01, 2022, 06:16:14 PMNot impressed either. Kenny Golladay really? Lol. The sample size is not small at this point. Stranger things have happened but I am not banking my hopes there.

Feels like a tremendous wasted opportunity being a little too long sighted missing perhaps a smarter move for the present (considering we are 6-2).

A rookie WR usually isnt going to become your established #1 in year 1 either.

Does a single wr make us better than KC, Phili, or Buff?

T200

Quote from: kingm56 on November 01, 2022, 06:19:17 PMDoes a single wr make us better than KC, Phili, or Buff?
Let it go. Y'all already did the stupid dance in the other thread.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: T200 on November 01, 2022, 06:24:39 PMLet it go. Y'all already did the stupid dance in the other thread.

It's a genuine Question, Tim.  I am curious with the mindset of those disappointed with not making a trade.  If the Giants did execute a trade, does it elevate us over the current top 5 teams?  That question was not asked; I understand the general disposition of not wanting to squander a 6-2 start, but not the specifics as how much a trade would actually elevate us.

There was no malice in my question, nor did I engage in a back-and-forth in the other threads.  I understand you're trying to do your job at averting a meltdown here; however, that was not the impetus of my question.

Trench

Trust the process. We are 6-2. Easily could've been 7-1.

This guy Schoen knows what he's doing. He's humble and he's smart.

Rambo89

I take this as this was a sellers market and the Giants would have had to overpay for even the smallest of upgrades.  On the Giants current group of receivers I am not sure what else people expect him to say with the mess he inherited both cap and talent wise.  I don't expect this to be the same group of receivers the Giants go into camp with next season regardless of who the QB is.

Quote from: Trench on November 01, 2022, 06:45:29 PMTrust the process. We are 6-2. Easily could've been 7-1.

This guy Schoen knows what he's doing. He's humble and he's smart.

Not sure how anyone listens to him and doesn't come away with the impression that he doesn't have a plan or doesn't know what he's doing.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

If said it before, but every time I hear him speak, I can't help but draw parallels to Theo Epstein.  Kudos to John Mara for hiring this young man; our GM understands modern football! Could not be happier with his last draft, or with the direction of the team.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 01, 2022, 06:46:19 PMI take this as this was a sellers market and the Giants would have had to overpay for even the smallest of upgrades.  On the Giants current group of receivers I am not sure what else people expect him to say with the mess he inherited both cap and talent wise.  I don't expect this to be the same group of receivers the Giants go into camp with next season regardless of who the QB is.

Not sure how anyone listens to him and doesn't come away with the impression that he doesn't have a plan or doesn't know what he's doing.

Rambo,

If it was a seller's market, why didn't we get more for Toney?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: kingm56 on November 01, 2022, 06:33:16 PMIt's a genuine Question, Tim.  I am curious with the mindset of those disappointed with not making a trade.  If the Giants did execute a trade, does it elevate us over the current top 5 teams?  That question was not asked; I understand the general disposition of not wanting to squander a 6-2 start, but not the specifics as how much a trade would actually elevate us.

There was no malice in my question, nor did I engage in a back-and-forth in the other threads.  I understand you're trying to do your job at averting a meltdown here; however, that was not the impetus of my question.
He already laid it out in the other thread.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2022, 06:50:43 PMRambo,

If it was a seller's market, why didn't we get more for Toney?

Rich, not directed at me; however, I'm waiting on a phone call so hope you don't mind me answering.  I also apologize for answering a question, with a question.  Why would you expect more from a WR with the attitude, injury history, and average performance over last two years?  By all accounts, we got solid value for Toney.  Have you read a report that stated otherwise? In fact, in the comments Jolly was kind enough to post from a KC forum, it appears most KC fans were peeved they gave up a 3rd for Toney. IMO, this was a great trade...for US.

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on November 01, 2022, 06:54:50 PMRich, not directed at me; however, I'm waiting on a phone call so hope you don't mind me answering.  I also apologize for answering a question, with a question.  Why would you expect more from a WR with the attitude, injury history, and average performance over last two years?  By all accounts, we got solid value for Toney.  Have you read a report that stated otherwise? In fact, in the comments Jolly was kind enough to post from a KC forum, it appears most KC fans were peeved they gave up a 3rd for Toney. IMO, this was a great trade...for US.

Yep, I don't know how you can expect to get more than what the Giants did for Toney.  He may end up being a complete bust.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

kingm56

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 01, 2022, 06:56:41 PMYep, I don't know how you can expect to get more than what the Giants did for Toney.  He may end up being a complete bust.

It appears the Giants are now the team with a highly intellectual GM. HZAR!

Ed Vette

Message is that they did all they needed to do to support Daniel Jones and properly evaluate him.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin