News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JS on the Giants WR grouo

Started by MightyGiants, November 01, 2022, 06:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I have to confess; I get the same look on my face as Joe has on his when I think about the Giants WR group  :laugh:

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

I'm putting my money on Sills being a big part of the second half and we will get procuction out of Golladay.

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 01, 2022, 06:50:43 PMRambo,

If it was a seller's market, why didn't we get more for Toney?

Because Toney is just a music artist who sometimes wears a football uniform.

killarich

Quote from: kingm56 on November 01, 2022, 06:19:17 PMDoes a single wr make us better than KC, Phili, or Buff?

It does not

But the Giants also weren't better than the 18-0 Patriots , or the Packers, And Cowboys

But like T said we can all let it go ....

Like Schoen said hopefully Galloday is back

And hopefully he's back to 50% of what he once was

Go Giants

ViewFromSection129

I honestly am pretty shocked at anyone that is disappointed in JS.  Some people are WAY overvaluing the Giants.  We cannot compete with the Eagles, much less the Cowboys.  We are playing way over our heads, but that is an amazing thing.  We have a coaching staff in place that the players respond to.  And a GM that has a plan.  He's not going to spend assets to make a run to the playoffs because we are not going to realistically win anything.

If a young WR like Jeudy could be had, I would have been all for it.  Maybe we should have been more aggressive for Claypool.  But someone like Cooks or an older WR to just win a couple more games would be foolish.

MightyGiants

I have to confess I find it interesting how polarizing this issue is.  I mean, I think most people on our board would agree the Giants WR group is bottom 5 (maybe worse).   We also don't know what the asking price was for any of the WRs that weren't traded.

From my vantage point, I see strong and valid arguments on both sides.   I agree with the philosophy that you don't mortgage the future.  I also think teams get in trouble when they overvalue their own rosters.   So standing pat has some sound reasoning.

That is also true for the other side; I mean, we have to look no further than the 2007 or 2011 Giants to appreciate that once you make the playoffs (even as a 9-7 wild card), anything can happen.  Plus, opportunities are never promised, so there is something to be said for taking advantage of those you get.   Plus it's only natural to went to get better and win more.

It's odd to see such strong opinions and bickering over what is essentially a preference than a clear cut answer (at least as I see it)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

From my perspective a few have Coupled the no move at the Trade deadline people in with people being Anti-Jones. I'm not even anti-Jones, I just don't think he'll be here next year and I'm glad we stayed pat at the deadline. Others however are for Jones and some 50/50 on Jones and still didn't want to pay at the deadline for a player, yet the conversation unfolded in a way that people assumed the people not wanting a trade where anti winning or Jones when that wasn't the case, at least for the people wanting to stay pat as they just have a different idea of team building.

Gettlemans biggest mistake was not tearing it all down to begin with instead of trying to make one more run and then another last hope in 2021. It jacked up our cap and we don't have depth. So even now that we are winning people want to see the organization and team be built properly for the longterm, and winning a few games that we probably should have lost and then going all in or even half in on a trade is the opposite of that. Let's build it right this time.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Blue Fire on November 01, 2022, 06:16:14 PMNot impressed either. Kenny Golladay really? Lol. The sample size is not small at this point. Stranger things have happened but I am not banking my hopes there.

Feels like a tremendous wasted opportunity being a little too long sighted missing perhaps a smarter move for the present (considering we are 6-2).

A rookie WR usually isnt going to become your established #1 in year 1 either.
Not impressed!

The man just told the world that the Giants aren't willing to mortgage tomorrow for a meaningless today!

And yes this year is meaningless in the sense we WONT be Super Bowl contenders, hence you don't mortgage rebuilding and adding multiple talent pieces for 1 that in the grand scheme of things WONT push us to win a SB this year.

That is why you make trades at thr deadline to add pieces to make a push the last 1/2 of the year and into the playoffs in hope to get to the SB.

JS is not stupid, he knows this team is not talented or deep enough to get there.

He has shown in 1 draft already the kind of talent he can find in the 3-6 Rds or the draft.  They are learning and contributing to our team already.

So be disappointed that you didn't get what you wanted, but don't be disappointed that we have someone with brains and a solid plan to lead this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk