News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT--Bears=Packers--Claypool

Started by Dumpster Dan, November 02, 2022, 09:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

Yesterday when I heard that the Bears had traded for Claypool it didnt make any sense to me since the Bears had been sellers--already having traded away one of their best players,

Then I read that the Packers were also involved in the Claypool discussions with the Steelers.  The Packers had offered a second round pick---the Bears jumped in, offered a second and landed Claypool  since the Steelers figured the Bears second will be higher next draft than the Packers.

Evidently the Bears-Packers rivalry extends to the trading market

So the Bears got Claypool and a 6th for Saquon Smith????  Talk about overpaying

Dumpster Dan

Rambo89

It's why the Bears are the Bears going no where anytime soon
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Pretty scary considering Poles was high on our list of possible GMs.

Dumpster Dan

If I'm a Bears player today  I might be asking myself 'What is our GM doing"??

Dumpster Dan

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on November 02, 2022, 10:03:01 AMIf I'm a Bears player today  I might be asking myself 'What is our GM doing"??

Dumpster Dan

The only thing I can think here is that Poles had a very high opinion of Claypool coming into the league and is just high on him in general. I mean Claypool is only 24, so presumably he has at least 4-5 good years left. The problem I have with it is that Claypool only has one year left on his rookie deal after this year, and the Bears look to be at least 2-3 years away from being relevant. Fields may be a bust - in fact that is how it looks at the moment (although he probably deserves another year before drawing that conclusion). So getting a receiver that, if he's as good as you think he is, you'll have to pay after next year seems questionable. And that's if he's even good, which is hardly a given.

It also feels like the Bears could have done better here. Giving away their second rounder instead of the one they got from the Ravens seems foolish. I mean I would Pooles should have at least drew the line there and walked away if the Steelers wouldn't do that. Claypool isn't the second coming.

Jclayton92

He dumped his entire defense on the trade market but added a wr... great gm