News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- OBJ officially visiting the Giants after Thanksgiving -

Started by sxdxca38, November 20, 2022, 10:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: todge on November 22, 2022, 11:36:19 AMLike most players, OBJ will go to the team that pays him the most.

But what's the point? Injuries have reduced this team to a shell of what it once was. Why spend money on an aging WR coming off his second ACL who is also a shell of what he once was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todge

I'm glad you used the word MOST!  But then you end by saying he WILL go to the team that pays him the most.

Not every player as you started off correctly signs purely for money.

OBJ knows his window is closing.

He could sign to either team for less.  Why.

Maybe being the featured WR gives him a chance to cash in on another contract hence betting on himself.

Maybe he feels one team will get him deep into the playoffs or a SB to again showcase himself and land a big deal.

We don't know what's going on in these guys heads.  So to make the assumption you made as somewhat factual isn't being completely honest and fair.

Where he signs will be interesting either way and could be telling.

In Dallas with the girls he isn't a feature, but a piece to be used.  Yet in NY he would be our most talented and best WR even as a shell of his former self.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: sxdxca38 on November 20, 2022, 10:37:39 AMI'm not for or against this move, I'm just sharing a headline that I saw, so please make of this what you will.

Link down below

OBJ

If he wants to take the easy road, he signs with dallas. if he wants the redemption arc, he comes here. hes made plenty of money and won a SB. i'd like to think he has some unfinished business here, and who knows what kind of role he figures into with dallas. here, he's instantly the #1 basically. i wouldnt be surprised if he signs with dallas, and i couldnt blame him, they got a good thing going on. but theres def a part of me that would love the story that comes with him coming home.

Trench

Problem is - if he comes here, most fans on this board will not look at him as our #1 (in terms of what a number one is). It's actually a great situation for Odell because if he fails it's no big deal as expectations are not high. And for Jones it's also great because he will get excuses made for him that his WR corps still stinks. Not to mention if he does the unfinished business and becomes great he will win the hearts of NY forever.

It's a win win no matter what for all parties.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on November 22, 2022, 04:18:25 PMProblem is - if he comes here, most fans on this board will not look at him as our #1 (in terms of what a number one is). It's actually a great situation for Odell because if he fails it's no big deal as expectations are not high. And for Jones it's also great because he will get excuses made for him that his WR corps still stinks. Not to mention if he does the unfinished business and becomes great he will win the hearts of NY forever.

It's a win win no matter what for all parties.
Ah but does it matter what people look at him as or what JS/Dabs do and how he performs?

You never are going to please all of the people all of the time.

Lastly it isn't a win win for all of he comes here and performs no better then Sills. (Sorry had to throw a little Sills Jab at ya lol)

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Trench

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on November 25, 2022, 08:53:12 AMSo....what time is OBJ coming to NJ today?

According to ESPN the Giants aren't even an option. It's all Dallas, Dallas, Dallas. Can ESPN be more biased? They hire former Cowboy homers, they talk about them nonstop and are openly rooting for them to sign OBJ. The don't even try to hide their pro Cowboys bias anymore. It's disgusting to watch.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: TDToomer on November 25, 2022, 10:43:03 AMAccording to ESPN the Giants aren't even an option. It's all Dallas, Dallas, Dallas. Can ESPN be more biased? They hire former Cowboy homers, they talk about them nonstop and are openly rooting for them to sign OBJ. The don't even try to hide their pro Cowboys bias anymore. It's disgusting to watch.
Hence why I stopped (many others and their ratings suck) watching them ages ago.

GloryDays

Obj at this point is a Goladay times two. He is probably overpriced AND he will have demands for attention resulting in erosion of the good chemistry this team has. I hope he doesn't sign here.

TDToomer

Quote from: GloryDays on November 25, 2022, 07:12:20 PMObj at this point is a Goladay times two. He is probably overpriced AND he will have demands for attention resulting in erosion of the good chemistry this team has. I hope he doesn't sign here.

But he did none of that with LA an helped them win a Super Bowl at a discounted salary. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DJN

We're in desperate need of WR help, but will Beckham be the player he was on the Rams, where he was the #2 receiver and was one on one most of the time or will he be the player that was the #1 guy on Cleveland who got double teamed and looked like a shell of his former self ??

Giant Obsession

Change the locks, maybe he will just go away or go visit the Jets.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

LennG

Personally, I would LOVE to have OBJ here. We need him a lot more than Dallas does. That said, if I were OBJ why in hell would I come back here, to a team that is, at the least, 2-3 years away from possibly getting to where Dallas is now?
He does have friends here, like Shep and Barkley, but Dallas gives him a chance for the spotlight. Dallas is always on TV, Dallas has maybe the best chance of going to the SB, and Dallas has more money than we do.
Here he would be the #1 guy, in Dallas, he should be at the most #2, possibly #3, but the way I see it, there is absolutely no benefit for him to return to NY when the opportunity is there in Dallas.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

Good point LennG.

If OBJ and Jones are looking for a payday as order #1 then they will be sent packing. But if they wanna "be historic" they will take less $$ in order to stay and allow Schoen to build the roster.

Time will tell which is most important to both of them.