News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injuries

Started by MightyGiants, November 20, 2022, 02:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

A real shame. He started to come on and you can see the talent. 

MightyGiants

QuoteThe video of the non-contact injury is consistent with a torn ACL, according to the Pro Football Docs.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

We need to rid this team of all oft-injured players and start drafting guys who played every college game. I know it sounds far-fetched, but this is really getting ridiculous. Not the number of injuries just the same players always injured and we sit on our hands waiting for them to heal, only to get injured again.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on November 20, 2022, 04:33:37 PMWe need to rid this team of all oft-injured players and start drafting guys who played every college game. I know it sounds far-fetched, but this is really getting ridiculous. Not the number of injuries just the same players always injured and we sit on our hands waiting for them to heal, only to get injured again.

Did Robinson have lots of injuries in college? I didn't think that was the case.

I feel like Schoen drafted guys with virtually no injury histories.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 20, 2022, 04:35:13 PMDid Robinson have lots of injuries in college? I didn't think that was the case.

I feel like Schoen drafted guys with virtually no injury histories.
wan Dale wasn't known for injuries, it's the turf at met life

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Woody on November 20, 2022, 04:12:12 PMHe is not going to sign with Giants.     Why would he ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woody

Why visit if he has no interest in signing?

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 20, 2022, 04:38:40 PMwan Dale wasn't known for injuries, it's the turf at met life
Bingo!!!!  His cleat got caught up in the turf!  This has nothing to do with past injuries

LennG

Sorry, I don't know about his college career, all I see is that these guys can't get on the field, and when they do and show some promise, boom, they are injured again,

Blame the turf, I blame the conditioning staff as this ahs been going on for way too long now.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: AYM on November 20, 2022, 03:58:08 PMMight be a career-ender for a small guy who relies on his speed and shiftiness.

This team just can't have nice things.

Wow. On what basis are you making such an outlandish claim?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 20, 2022, 04:21:28 PMQuote
The video of the non-contact injury is consistent with a torn ACL, according to the Pro Football Docs.
I agree his left foot appeared to buckle a little; however, a Lion knocking him out of bounds, while another is tackling him from behind, appeared to be the direct cause of his injury, with the root cause being, once again, the turf which claimed, yet again, another unsuspecting talent.

What about the number of Lions dinged up today? Was there actually a non contact injury this afternoon? It looked like every one of them involved some level of contact. Some looked to come from dog-piling the individual with the ball.

I do agree that the task will be all that much more difficult for Thursday, not mention the rest of the way. With the Iggles snatching victory, from the jaws of defeat, Washington winning comfortably and Dallas looking like world-beaters in Minnesota, at the moment, with the kicker booting back-to-back 60 yard FGs, face facts the Giants were crashing back to Earth this week and nothing was going to stop it. So goes another typical week in what is the NFL.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE