News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- Re-watched the Giants vs Dallas game -

Started by sxdxca38, November 25, 2022, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

Here are my thoughts on offense, please feel free to agree or disagree with me, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

A) Giants should have had RB's and TE's chipping Parsons on every pass play, would have nullified the two sacks he had. I don't understand why the coaches didn't do that?

B) The 4th and 1 play, I've re-watched it multiple times. DJ's pass to Barkley was not a great pass, but it certainly wasn't as awful as I thought it was originally. Even though it was behind Barkley, he needs to come down with that catch, it hit him in the hands you've got to make that.

C) DJ had about 4 throws that I thought were not good. Multiple 3rd and 1's, five-yard passes that were way off, got to make those throws. Also, when he rolls to his left, he is not accurate at all compared to when he rolls to his right.

D) DJ's interception that got called back; terrible decision, he really caught a break there.

E) Cowboys 13 penalties for 86 yards, Giants 7 penalties for 66 yards. Dallas had two turnovers, Giants zero turnovers, and the Giants still lost the game, not good at all.

F) Giants got dominated in TOP - 34 minutes for Dallas, 25 minutes for New York, not good.

G) Dallas dominated in the running game, 70 more yards than New York.

Final thoughts, I've tried to support Barkley and DJ for most of the year, but I was extremely disappointed in both of their performances Thursday night.

JS talks about can the QB come up with "Gotta have it moments", and in this game DJ nor Barkley did that, they both came up small.

I'm not sure where we go from here, as I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but I'm hoping that the final six games of the season make it very clear what the decision needs to be with regards DJ and Barkley.

Your Thoughts?

P.S. Kayvon Thibodeaux was awesome, best game from him by far this year.

GloryDays

"" Final thoughts, I've tried to support Barkley and DJ for most of the year, but I was extremely disappointed in both of their performances Thursday night. ""

Let me guess, you and others who agree with the above sentence, don't like DJ, never really did and you are hoping for a trade up at whatever cost to pick a new QB in the next draft. You also do not think the lack of a quality O line ( and running game) and better receivers is as important as a new exciting QB  :ok: 

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on November 25, 2022, 08:00:07 PM"" Final thoughts, I've tried to support Barkley and DJ for most of the year, but I was extremely disappointed in both of their performances Thursday night. ""

Let me guess, you and others who agree with the above sentence, don't like DJ, never really did and you are hoping for a trade up at whatever cost to pick a new QB in the next draft. You also do not think the lack of a quality O line ( and running game) and better receivers is as important as a new exciting QB  :ok: 

LOL, sxd has been one of the bigger Jones supporters on this board for a while.  Unlike others though he isn't a blind Jones supporter who will defend everything and never acknowledge when Jones does play poorly
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Also one of the most respectful members of this community and doesn't deserve the sarcasm.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: GloryDays on November 25, 2022, 08:00:07 PM"" Final thoughts, I've tried to support Barkley and DJ for most of the year, but I was extremely disappointed in both of their performances Thursday night. ""

What a horrible take.

T200

Were you pleased with Jones and how he played on Thursday night?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GloryDays

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 25, 2022, 09:29:27 PMWhat a horrible take.

We have a fine QB with all the personal tools but the team still lacks what a QB needs to perform at a high level.. this is obvious as even most Giants critics acknowledge that he is playing well, even yesterday, but somehow NY fans are weirdly critical of their players and unjustly blame Jones.

T200

Quote from: GloryDays on November 25, 2022, 11:12:38 PMWe have a fine QB with all the personal tools but the team still lacks what a QB needs to perform at a high level.. this is obvious as even most Giants critics acknowledge that he is playing well, even yesterday, but somehow NY fans are weirdly critical of their players and unjustly blame Jones.
The lack of receivers or consistent pass blocking were not the reason Jones threw a bad pass to Barkley on fourth down. He needed to throw a better pass in that situation. Yes, all QBs miss throws. But if he wants a long-term deal in NY, those are the plays he needs to make.

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Obsession

Those "gotta have it moments" determine in my world if you are a MONEY PLAYER.

Right now on offense with Barkley bogging down thus far the last 2 games he has slipped out of that category.

Jones.....same thing.  Those short passes of 3 to 4 yards that insure a first down were abyssmal.

And thus the questions we need answered this year regarding Jones still remain despite his improvement in many areas.  His pocket awareness is better but it was awful to begin with.  If we are going to go forward with him more improvement is needed.  Right now it is borderline call which means starting over with a new QB or committing for another 2 years......and hoping.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

Someone takes the time to express a well-reasoned opinion in respectful language and your reaction is to post a condescending and sarcastic response, just because you personally don't agree.

Have you checked out BBI before? Maybe you'd like it there better.

GloryDays

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 26, 2022, 05:50:48 AMSomeone takes the time to express a well-reasoned opinion in respectful language and your reaction is to post a condescending and sarcastic response, just because you personally don't agree.

Have you checked out BBI before? Maybe you'd like it there better.

I watched the replay of the same game and I really don't understand how a knowledgeable fan of football, let alone a Giants fan can be disappointed with how Jones performed.
If the requirement is perfection, may be those fans should look into becoming fans of other teams, like the Packers, or the Bucks or the Rams or the Titans, the Raiders... there are many choices; Jones is our QB and he is playing better than many others, with less to work with. These unjust critics are not in charge of the team either, thank God, so what is the reason for bashing our Quarterback?!!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on November 26, 2022, 06:03:57 AMI watched the replay of the same game and I really don't understand how a knowledgeable fan of football, let alone a Giants fan can be disappointed with how Jones performed.
If the requirement is perfection, may be those fans should look into becoming fans of other teams, like the Packers, or the Bucks or the Rams or the Titans, the Raiders... there are many choices; Jones is our QB and he is playing better than many others, with less to work with. These unjust critics are not in charge of the team either, thank God, so what is the reason for bashing our Quarterback?!!!

The OP came from a member who has pretty much been a unilateral supporter of Jones all year, including after games where some in this community felt he was less than stellar. He didn't just throw out a statement either - he listed his reasoning out in an organized manner.

SXD was giving his opinion of both Jones' and Barkley's performance in this game. He didn't feel either were good, and so, as a fan who wants his team to win, he was disappointed by that. For you to take umbrage with that and come back with a snarky reply just seems odd and completely unnecessary. Moreover, how is critiquing a player for his performance in one game "bashing"? Is it your view that, no matter what, Daniel Jones should be the object of everyone's adoration and worship no matter how he plays? Why should he, or any player or coach, be above criticism?

BluesCruz

Quote from: sxdxca38 on November 25, 2022, 07:42:38 PMHere are my thoughts on offense, please feel free to agree or disagree with me, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

A) Giants should have had RB's and TE's chipping Parsons on every pass play, would have nullified the two sacks he had. I don't understand why the coaches didn't do that?

B) The 4th and 1 play, I've re-watched it multiple times. DJ's pass to Barkley was not a great pass, but it certainly wasn't as awful as I thought it was originally. Even though it was behind Barkley, he needs to come down with that catch, it hit him in the hands you've got to make that.

C) DJ had about 4 throws that I thought were not good. Multiple 3rd and 1's, five-yard passes that were way off, got to make those throws. Also, when he rolls to his left, he is not accurate at all compared to when he rolls to his right.

D) DJ's interception that got called back; terrible decision, he really caught a break there.

E) Cowboys 13 penalties for 86 yards, Giants 7 penalties for 66 yards. Dallas had two turnovers, Giants zero turnovers, and the Giants still lost the game, not good at all.

F) Giants got dominated in TOP - 34 minutes for Dallas, 25 minutes for New York, not good.

G) Dallas dominated in the running game, 70 more yards than New York.

Final thoughts, I've tried to support Barkley and DJ for most of the year, but I was extremely disappointed in both of their performances Thursday night.

JS talks about can the QB come up with "Gotta have it moments", and in this game DJ nor Barkley did that, they both came up small.

I'm not sure where we go from here, as I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but I'm hoping that the final six games of the season make it very clear what the decision needs to be with regards DJ and Barkley.

Your Thoughts?

P.S. Kayvon Thibodeaux was awesome, best game from him by far this year.

Just a thought BUT
Barkley tured to his right to catch that pass
I believe if he faced downfield and kept eyes on the ball it was not a bad pass
And he could have caught it in stride
However that would have exposed him to a head on collision

By turning backwards the whole play looked awkward and falsely made Jones seem the culprit

Barkley is always afraid of getting t boned and takes his eyes off the ball

He is a not ready for prime time pass receiver
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on November 26, 2022, 06:59:27 AMJust a thought BUT
Barkley tured to his right to catch that pass
I believe if he faced downfield and kept eyes on the ball it was not a bad pass
And he could have caught it in stride
However that would have exposed him to a head on collision

By turning backwards the whole play looked awkward and falsely made Jones seem the culprit

Barkley is always afraid of getting t boned and takes his eyes off the ball

He is a not ready for prime time pass receiver

Here's a more simple thought.....

Jones makes a better pass hitting him in stride and it's a TD  :what:

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on November 26, 2022, 06:03:57 AMI watched the replay of the same game and I really don't understand how a knowledgeable fan of football, let alone a Giants fan can be disappointed with how Jones performed.

You sit here and bash people for criticizing Jones yet you are completely unsupportive of the supporting cast.  Constantly bashing the receivers is the exact behavior you accuse others of exhibiting.  Maybe you should be a fan of a team that has a better supporting cast for their QB.