News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Really missing Adoree Jackson

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 05, 2022, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

With the DL finally applying some consistent pressure, imagine having our #1 CB back in the line-up.

Hoping he can be back for the 2nd Washington game?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Andrew,

No doubt the Giants badly missed their number one CB.  I think the Giants win this game if Jackson was playing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

As I recall he was only supposed to be out for 4 weeks. Hoping he's coming back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 05, 2022, 04:38:36 PMAndrew,

No doubt the Giants badly missed their number one CB.  I think the Giants win this game if Jackson was playing.

I think I agree with this. Those multiple long completions to a wide open Curtis Samuel very likely wouldn't have happened. Not to mention a lot of other things. And this game was razor tight as it was. Jackson is a huge loss.

True Blue

Definitely missing Adoree for sure.

I saw Zyon playing, was Flott out there at all yesterday?

uconnjack8

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on December 05, 2022, 06:43:41 PMDefinitely missing Adoree for sure.

I saw Zyon playing, was Flott out there at all yesterday?

He was, but only in for like 26% of the snaps.  Not sure why he wasn't given more snaps.

Gman329

We were always thin behind Adoree and him going down has exposed that leck of depth bigtime. We had practice squad guys chasing Washington receivers around the field.  Wink can only scheme protect them so much.  The DB room is almost as bereft of NFL caliber talent as the WR room.   

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gman329 on December 06, 2022, 10:23:10 AMWe were always thin behind Adoree and him going down has exposed that leck of depth bigtime. We had practice squad guys chasing Washington receivers around the field.  Wink can only scheme protect them so much.  The DB room is almost as bereft of NFL caliber talent as the WR room.   

I wonder how Wink felt about losing his number one CB (with no real backup) to a punt return
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 06, 2022, 10:27:17 AMI wonder how Wink felt about losing his number one CB (with no real backup) to a punt return

i hope daboll learned from that. you dont put premium guys at premium positions on special teams. theres rookies and roster fillers out there that can fair catch it just fine.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 06, 2022, 10:30:43 AMi hope daboll learned from that. you dont put premium guys at premium positions on special teams. theres rookies and roster fillers out there that can fair catch it just fine.

I hope he DOESN'T learn that lesson, because premium starting players have been returning punts forever, in the league, and the worst part of the Jackson injury, IMO, is that it provides more grist for the "Sehorn syndrome" narrative that has prevented the Giants from having a decent punt return game for years.  Jackson could just as easily been injured on a defensive play.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Gman329

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 06, 2022, 10:30:43 AMi hope daboll learned from that. you dont put premium guys at premium positions on special teams. theres rookies and roster fillers out there that can fair catch it just fine.

That's the thing - apparently, there isn't.  The next best guy after Adoree is Richie James. 

B1GBLUE

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 06, 2022, 10:40:35 AMI hope he DOESN'T learn that lesson, because premium starting players have been returning punts forever, in the league, and the worst part of the Jackson injury, IMO, is that it provides more grist for the "Sehorn syndrome" narrative that has prevented the Giants from having a decent punt return game for years.  Jackson could just as easily been injured on a defensive play.

would you let barkley return punts? or slayton? when we are paper thin at a certain position, you dont let the best of the group risk further injury

TONKA56

Quote from: B1GBLUE on December 06, 2022, 01:50:53 PMwould you let barkley return punts? or slayton? when we are paper thin at a certain position, you dont let the best of the group risk further injury

What about Breida or Brightwell?

True Blue

Brightwell does well on KOs, I am suprised he hasn't gotten a chance or two

jgrangers2

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 06, 2022, 10:40:35 AMI hope he DOESN'T learn that lesson, because premium starting players have been returning punts forever, in the league, and the worst part of the Jackson injury, IMO, is that it provides more grist for the "Sehorn syndrome" narrative that has prevented the Giants from having a decent punt return game for years.  Jackson could just as easily been injured on a defensive play.

How many teams actually have a consistently dynamic punt return game? Outside of finding the next Devin Hester, no team is going to have that. Putting your top CB out there when you are paper thin at the position otherwise is just asking for trouble.

As others have mentioned, why not try Brightwell back there given you're putting him out there for kickoffs anyway?