News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kafka and the offense

Started by andrew_nyGiants, December 07, 2022, 09:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Buzz is starting around Kafka becoming a strong HC option for those teams in need.

What would you do to backfill that spot if he moves on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 07, 2022, 09:51:55 AMBuzz is starting around Kafka becoming a strong HC option for those teams in need.

From how our O isn't scoring and hasn't been impressive if he can get a HC job good for him!

I don't think it would be hard for Dabs to replace him.  It's not like he is setting the world on fire!

I'd be more concerned if our DC gets hired away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 07, 2022, 09:51:55 AMBuzz is starting around Kafka becoming a strong HC option for those teams in need.

There was a buzz around mid-season.  I suspect the offensive performance over the last few weeks might have dampened the enthusiasm teams might have over hiring Kafka.   Not sure it's easy to sell fans on a relatively inexperienced coaches who led one of the bottom offenses as their new HC. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 07, 2022, 09:58:38 AMFrom how our O isn't scoring and hasn't been impressive if he can get a HC job good for him!

I don't think it would be hard for Dabs to replace him.  It's not like he is setting the world on fire!

I'd be more concerned if our DC gets hired away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not too concerned about Wink.   Unfortunately for Wink, while I think he is more than qualified to be a head coach, he is too old (by NFL standards for a first-time HC) and coaches the wrong side of the ball.  I think at this point it's a long shot for Wink to land a head coaching job.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I think Kafka may get some interviews but he needs a larger body of successful work. If he does get hired away, Daboll can call the plays as he grooms a successor he hires to replace him as worst case scenario.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 07, 2022, 12:36:00 PMI am not too concerned about Wink.   Unfortunately for Wink, while I think he is more than qualified to be a head coach, he is too old (by NFL standards for a first-time HC) and coaches the wrong side of the ball.  I think at this point it's a long shot for Wink to land a head coaching job.

Not just a first time NFL HC, but first time HC at any level.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

andrew_nyGiants

Well there have been a lot of untimely injuries in key spots on the offense:
-TE Berringer
-OT Neal
-3OGs have been out in various weeks
and of course a Practice Squad at WR

So considering that we've won 7 games to date, and so many of them late, I have to wonder what he could do with a complete offense.

I'm not sure I'd write him off just yet. Especially if by some stroke of good karma, we win 3 more games.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 07, 2022, 07:17:08 PMWell there have been a lot of untimely injuries in key spots on the offense:
-TE Berringer
-OT Neal
-3OGs have been out in various weeks
and of course a Practice Squad at WR

So considering that we've won 7 games to date, and so many of them late, I have to wonder what he could do with a complete offense.

I'm not sure I'd write him off just yet. Especially if by some stroke of good karma, we win 3 more games.

Andrew,

I think you just listed some very good reasons for the offensive struggle.  Still, I am always mindful that when an owner hires a new head coach, it's because he fired the previous one because the team was playing poorly.   As such, part of the hire is the PR element.  You have to convince fans to buy tickets, deep pockets to buy suites, and advertisers to pay you money.   So you need to be able to sell your hire to these interest groups.

I am still thinking that Kafka will prove to be a good OC and eventually a good HC (not strongly sure, but feeling good about it).   At this point, though, I am not seeing an owner having an easy time selling Kafka as their new HC.

All that said, I am seen crazier hires than Kafka, so who knows what will happen after the season ends.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE