News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kay’von Thibadeux

Started by AP44, December 18, 2022, 11:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP44

9 solo tackles
3 assisted tackles
1 sack
1 forced fumble
1 TD

1 player of the game. Well done young man.

uconnjack8

1 poked eye or probably another game sealing sack.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: AP44 on December 18, 2022, 11:33:14 PM9 solo tackles
3 assisted tackles
1 sack
1 forced fumble
1 TD

1 player of the game. Well done young man.

Many more years of this!

Kids coming into his own

AP44

Don't forget the tackle he made at the 1.

Gmo11

This kid is a STUD. What a performance. It's been quite a while since the Giants had a DE completely take over a game like this. And in what was essentially a playoff game no less. Holy hell what a game from this guy. Now THAT'S who you draft in the top 5!

kingm56

Quote from: Gmo11 on December 18, 2022, 11:36:45 PMThis kid is a STUD. What a performance. It's been quite a while since the Giants had a DE completely take over a game like this. And in what was essentially a playoff game no less. Holy hell what a game from this guy. Now THAT'S who you draft in the top 5!

It's still mystifies me why some people said he was a bust, when he was clearly the best player on the field for multiple games played. The sacks will continue to come, he's just too good for them not to.

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on December 18, 2022, 11:41:34 PMIt's still mystifies me why some people said he was a bust, when he was clearly the best player on the field for multiple games played. The sacks will continue to come, he's just too good for them not to.

Nobody I recall ever said he was a bust.  Some like me said we have not seen the plays from him others had said.  Tonight was his statement game.  Bravo Thibs.

Note:  his bull rush looked much stronger than other games.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on December 18, 2022, 11:45:16 PMNobody I recall ever said he was a bust.  Some like me said we have not seen the plays from him others had said.  Tonight was his statement game.  Bravo Thibs
Nobody called him a bust. More hyperbole.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Barkley supposedly challenged anyone claiming to be a Giants team leader to step up, and #5 had a nice game. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 18, 2022, 11:50:01 PMBarkley supposedly challenged anyone claiming to be a Giants team leader to step up, and #5 had a nice game. Bob
That was an LT like performance. It's been a long time since a Defensive player made such an impact. Maybe since Strahan.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2022, 11:48:55 PMNobody called him a bust. More hyperbole.

Thats not true, Ed. There were two posters who explicitly called him a bust; one is a standup guy and has already stated he made a mistake. I have no desire to embarrass anyone, so I am not going to mention there names.

AP44

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2022, 11:52:02 PMThat was an LT like performance. It's been a long time since a Defensive player made such an impact. Maybe since Strahan.

JPP against Dallas at Dallas to keep our 2011 season alive cannot be forgotten

Trench

Quote from: Philosophers on December 18, 2022, 11:45:16 PMNobody I recall ever said he was a bust.  Some like me said we have not seen the plays from him others had said.  Tonight was his statement game.  Bravo Thibs.

Note:  his bull rush looked much stronger than other games.

100%

killarich

Idk if "bust" was used .....but people were not satisfied that he wasn't getting the sacks even though he's a factor on most plays

Whatever who cares ...as long they admit the kid is good when he obviously is ..it's all good...we won the game ...and Thibs carried us today

Our #5 pick showed up when the playoffs were on the line .... That is something we expect and he showed it

Trench

Quote from: kingm56 on December 18, 2022, 11:52:59 PMThats not true, Ed. There were two posters who explicitly called him a bust; one is a standup guy and has already stated he made a mistake. I have no desire to embarrass anyone, so I am not going to mention there names.

If u are referring to me (because I've been critical and I'll continue to be critical for the #5 pick)- I don't ever remember calling him a BUST!...but I did (and DO) believe we need to see more. If u disagree that's ok. I acknowledge I could be wrong guys