News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kay’von Thibadeux

Started by AP44, December 18, 2022, 11:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on December 18, 2022, 11:52:59 PMThats not true, Ed. There were two posters who explicitly called him a bust; one is a standup guy and has already stated he made a mistake. I have no desire to embarrass anyone, so I am not going to mention there names.
Anyone who uses the B word in a player's rookie season is just speaking through emotion. He had a great game tonight but there's still more he can improve upon and keep in mind that any performance is measured on the competition he's facing. He also was in the right place at the right time on two plays. Not to take away from what he did tonight. Without him, they lose. If only on that strip for a TD.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bighitterdalama

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2022, 11:59:11 PMAnyone who uses the B word in a player's rookie season is just speaking through emotion. He had a great game tonight but there's still more he can improve upon and keep in mind that any performance is measured on the competition he's facing. He also was in the right place at the right time on two plays. Not to take away from what he did tonight. Without him, they lose. If only on that strip for a TD.

Ed, Thibs also had the stop at the one-yard-line that kept Heineke out of the end zone, preventing a touchdown that the WFT never obtained. As you stated in an earlier post, his play tonight was LT-like. Now we need our Harry Carson and Gary Reasons (assuming Ojulari is Carl Banks, a huge order [Killer is one of my all-time favorites]).

Woody

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 18, 2022, 11:33:52 PM1 poked eye or probably another game sealing sack.
Yeah I agree why did he just stop on the play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: Woody on December 19, 2022, 12:14:20 AMYeah I agree why did he just stop on the play?

Probably because you couldn't see; it's kind of tough to be a blind defensive end

sooners56

The game Thibs played today was remarkable. Definitely LTesque.  He was everywhere and that tackle at the 1 was a game saver. 

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

madbadger

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2022, 11:48:55 PMNobody called him a bust. More hyperbole.

A couple posters had said he was a disappointment as his play was no what near what you'd expect from the fifth pick overall. Almost universally they pointed to his lack of sacks to justify that feeling while ignoring all the other things he was doing at a high level. As Giants fans I'm sure they will gladly eat their words. He's a bonafide stud. If Ojulari can stay healthy our front five is gross.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 18, 2022, 11:59:11 PMAnyone who uses the B word in a player's rookie season is just speaking through emotion. He had a great game tonight but there's still more he can improve upon and keep in mind that any performance is measured on the competition he's facing. He also was in the right place at the right time on two plays. Not to take away from what he did tonight. Without him, they lose. If only on that strip for a TD.

As he picks up some more pass rush moves he is going to be a bust with the "u" replaced by an "ea".
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Just_jimmy

Quote from: AP44 on December 18, 2022, 11:53:28 PMJPP against Dallas at Dallas to keep our 2011 season alive cannot be forgotten
Correct.  Nor Justin Tuck on the greatest stage of all.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

londonblue

Ojulari being available is helping KT but KT is also working on his technique and improving himself. If Ojulari can stay available and get to full game speed we can hope to have a legitimate non-schemed pass rush to season end.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Rambo89

Monster game.  The type of defensive player the Giants have needed since JPP.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 19, 2022, 05:03:34 AMMonster game.  The type of defensive player the Giants have needed since JPP.

Agreed. Who was the last Giants' defensive player opposing QBs were actually afraid of? Probably 2011 JPP. It's been a while.

kartanoman

Quote from: bighitterdalama on December 19, 2022, 12:07:30 AMEd, Thibs also had the stop at the one-yard-line that kept Heineke out of the end zone, preventing a touchdown that the WFT never obtained. As you stated in an earlier post, his play tonight was LT-like. Now we need our Harry Carson and Gary Reasons (assuming Ojulari is Carl Banks, a huge order [Killer is one of my all-time favorites]).

Mitch, both you and Ed were reading my mind last night. On Thib's TD, though, that play had Osi written all over it, when he made a nearly similar play against the 49ers' Trent Dilfer in 2007(?). But the goal line stoppage was vintage LT, no question. And that was appropriate, since Thibs took LT's message this week to heart and showed some nuts, for certain!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Jolly Blue Giant

He was impressive last night. You could tell he gave it everything on every play because he was gassed when on the sideline. When he chased Heinicke down from behind and flattened him...this after missing a sack and Heinicke ran free sweeping around to the sideline, it impressed the hell out of me. I was expecting safeties and linebackers to coral him, but it was Thibs who came from way back to run him down. He certainly let it all hang out last night. He's going to be special for us in the coming years if he can stay healthy. Coupled with Ojulari, we finally have a good rush attack. If we can get Leonard Williams back to form and have him paired with Dex...Wow, that's a fearsome line!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on December 18, 2022, 11:41:34 PMIt's still mystifies me why some people said he was a bust, when he was clearly the best player on the field for multiple games played. The sacks will continue to come, he's just too good for them not to.

Matt,

Is it possible to just enjoy the Thibadeux?   Do you always need to put your fellow fans down?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE