News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thibodeaux: I don’t know who Jeff Saturday is, his comments don’t affect me

Started by MightyGiants, January 04, 2023, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

MightyGiants

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1610782384219111425

I like Art, and maybe I am showing my age, but I grew up in the era where pass rushers hated QBs.   The idea that KT should feel bad for celebrating a sack because Foles had some sore ribs feels wrong to me.  This is football, not synchronized swimming.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 04, 2023, 07:24:44 PMhttps://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1610782384219111425

I like Art, and maybe I am showing my age, but I grew up in the era where pass rushers hated QBs.   The idea that KT should feel bad for celebrating a sack because Foles had some sore ribs feels wrong to me.  This is football, not synchronized swimming.

Agreed!!!!

I know I'm going to get the "get off my lawn" tag by some for this, but IDC

WHEN DID THIS SPORT BECOME ABOUT FEELINGS?  God the world is turning into a bunch of snowflakes!

Why does he need to apologize for a clean hit and celebrating it?

Some have to Stop with the outrage!  It's a violent sport!  We want these guys to play hard and fast and then turn it off in an instant and cuddle!

Can't have it both ways! 

I'm glad he is being defiant and hope he holds his ground and doesn't cave!!

He said, he didn't know he was hurt, watch the play!  He immediately rolls over helmet on, looking up at the sky.  You can't see anything out the side of those helmets like that!  He has no clue Foles is down and out.

Then the night night thing was about putting the team to sleep, not Foles!  That should be sufficient enough!

You choose not to believe it you are just being silly and over sensitive!  The man hasn't shown or given any reason yet not to believe him. He said he hopes Foles is ok, he doesn't want to hurt anyone or see people get hurt.

They should be sufficient.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 04, 2023, 07:24:44 PMhttps://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1610782384219111425

I like Art, and maybe I am showing my age, but I grew up in the era where pass rushers hated QBs.  The idea that KT should feel bad for celebrating a sack because Foles had some sore ribs feels wrong to me.  This is football, not synchronized swimming.

I'm with you. My opinion of him is unchanged.

Trench

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 04, 2023, 05:46:40 PM:Giants:  :cheers:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:

Absolutely love Thibs response!

He knows EXACTLY who Saturday is and the fact he said WHO is just classic!

Keep balling Thibs!  You did everything right and nothing wrong!

He doesn't need to do a prolonged exaggerating celebration. There was a time a rookie would never think of doing that. For so many to have conflicting views on this, a good place to consider in my opinion is somewhere in the middle - have your celebration, keep it short, but when you realize the guy is injured perhaps don't continue yakking it up on the sideline.

PS - I also have an issue with WR who do their job and make the stupid 1st down sign or take off their helmet type stuff.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on January 04, 2023, 08:00:40 PMHe doesn't need to do a prolonged exaggerating celebration. There was a time a rookie would never think of doing that. For so many to have conflicting views on this, a good place to consider in my opinion is somewhere in the middle - have your celebration, keep it short, but when you realize the guy is injured perhaps don't continue yakking it up on the sideline.

PS - I also have an issue with WR who do their job and make the stupid 1st down sign or take off their helmet type stuff.

I was going to say - if I had but one criticism of him on this play, it was that the celebration was too long. He was down there for like 10 seconds. A sack celebration should be 3-4 seconds. It should be less than a TD celebration.

I don't mind that Thibodeaux values showmanship, in fact I like that he does, but don't have your celebrations be 3x longer than what the best in the league at your position are doing. Maybe win a DPOY or two first before you try to do that.

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on January 04, 2023, 04:02:41 PMI don't think either celebration was directed at Foles.

The snow angel was just celebrating the play.

The "sleeping" gesture was putting the Colts/game to bed.
This. We've had a soft defense for a decade, sure as heck not gonna get mad now that we have savages on board.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 04, 2023, 06:04:01 PMThe problem is KT is smarter than the reporter interviewing him.

But is that really a problem?

SMART, tough, and dependable.

Well, maybe a problem for the reporter.  :laugh:
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on January 04, 2023, 06:52:49 PMWho's Jeff Saturday??? Oh a former Center who happens to be a bad head coach, nothing to see here

And, IMO, completely out of line on Saturday's part - calling someone trash, probably not even knowing him, based on one occurrence that he completely misinterpreted - is a bad look for him.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Hadron

I thought the celebration was a bit on the long side but other than that? No real issue.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 04, 2023, 09:40:37 PMAnd, IMO, completely out of line on Saturday's part - calling someone trash, probably not even knowing him, based on one occurrence that he completely misinterpreted - is a bad look for him.

Good point. I agree with on this.

Giant Jim

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 04, 2023, 07:21:12 PMI agree!  The comments by Saturday and the Colts center shows ZERO CLASS
No, Thibodeaux's actions and comments are classless and an embarrassment to the NY Giants.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Giant Jim on January 05, 2023, 07:18:15 AMNo, Thibodeaux's actions and comments are classless and an embarrassment to the NY Giants.

:boooo: Sorry so wrong! 

TONKA56

I believe Lawrence Taylor said something to the effect of "When I hit the quarterback, I try to chop the son of a bitch in two. It sends an electric shock down his body."

I'll find the exact quote. It's from "The Blind Side."

kartanoman

Quote from: TONKA56 on January 05, 2023, 07:58:14 AMI believe Lawrence Taylor said something to the effect of "When I hit the quarterback, I try to chop the son of a bitch in two. It sends an electric shock down his body."

I'll find the exact quote. It's from "The Blind Side."

Yes, and we cannot forget the legend, Deacon Jones, who coined the phrase "the sack" by stating he grabs the quarterback, puts him in a sack and beats him with a baseball bat.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)