News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thibodeaux: I don’t know who Jeff Saturday is, his comments don’t affect me

Started by MightyGiants, January 04, 2023, 03:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Giant Jim on January 05, 2023, 07:18:15 AMNo, Thibodeaux's actions and comments are classless and an embarrassment to the NY Giants.

Even if you feel that way, and I understand if you do, the fact remains that there was no malice in anything the guy did, and does not deserve him being labelled trash, IMO.  Saturday was brought in under a lot of criticism and done nothing to improve the Colts.  He had just loss his 6th straight game, fully validating all of the criticism his appointment created, and just hit out in frustration at Thibs, IMO. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Here is another clutching at pearls headline.  It's behind a paywall, but trust me it's not worth reading.

Giants coaches, players need to help Kayvon Thibodeaux understand what he did was wrong

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/01/giants-coaches-players-need-to-help-kayvon-thibodeaux-understand-what-he-did-was-wrong.html

I thought this part was rather comical

QuoteOn Wednesday, Thibodeaux was asked if he tried to contact Foles.

"To do what?" he asked.

Perhaps apologize, it was suggested.

Apologize for a clean hit?  Seriously?  :what:  =))

Apologize for celebrating a sack?  Seriously?   :what:  :laugh:

The guy hurt his ribs.  I get it, that sucks, and it's painful.   It's not like it's career or life-threatening.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 05, 2023, 08:40:10 AMHere is another clutching at pearls headline.  It's behind a paywall, but trust me it's not worth reading.

Giants coaches, players need to help Kayvon Thibodeaux understand what he did was wrong

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/01/giants-coaches-players-need-to-help-kayvon-thibodeaux-understand-what-he-did-was-wrong.html

The guy hurt his ribs.  I get it, that sucks, and it's painful.   It's not like it's career or life-threatening.   

Rich

I just got done reading this article and was laughing at it and pissed at the same time!  This reporter is truly an idiot!  I give these players even more credit talking to these morons!  I'd lose my 💩 on them!  I don't know how they keep their cool and deal with these moronic barrage of questions constantly from dolts!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 05, 2023, 08:40:10 AMHere is another clutching at pearls headline.  It's behind a paywall, but trust me it's not worth reading.

My initial reaction was "Bob Brookover?  Who Dat?"  Then I googled him.

What to you expect from a former Philadelphia sportswriter?   :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on January 05, 2023, 08:47:30 AMRich

I just got done reading this article and was laughing at it and pissed at the same time!  This reporter is truly an idiot!  I give these players even more credit talking to these morons!  I'd lose my 💩 on them!  I don't know how they keep their cool and deal with these moronic barrage of questions constantly from dolts!

Paul,

I figure it this way.  The media has a little different relationship with sports than it does in most other areas of life.  In sports, it's a symbiotic relationship.  The media reports on sports, which helps build the popularity of the game, and that popularity drives demand for reports on the sport.

In the past (say last century), the media tried to separate themselves from the pack by developing sources and getting scoops over their competitors.  The other way was to be very knowledgeable and have fresh, quality takes and insights.

Now they seem to have gotten lazy.  Rather than just reporting the news, they try to create it.  The media will often try to create stories where organically, none exist.  Worse, it's not like the Giants are wrapping up another meaningless season, and there is nothing worth writing about.  The Giants clinched the playoffs; quality stories are plentiful.  Yet, they are so conditioned to try and manufacture news that they instinctively create false controversies. 

I mean, there are a couple of fans here at BBH who felt what KT did was wrong or in bad taste.  Yet, a solid majority saw nothing wrong.  You have the Colts' HC with his sour grapes, but I noticed Saturday conveniently "forgot" about his player with his cheap ugly hit on Daniel Jones' head.  For some reason, none of the media reported on that aspect because they figured going after KT makes for a bigger story and one they hope can keep on giving.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 05, 2023, 08:49:08 AMMy initial reaction was "Bob Brookover?  Who Dat?"  Then I googled him.

What to you expect from a former Philadelphia sportswriter?   :boooo:  :boooo:  :boooo:

Rich,

Bob took over as the Giants beat writer for The Star-Ledger/NJ.com this season.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 05, 2023, 08:58:52 AMPaul,

I figure it this way.  The media has a little different relationship with sports than it does in most other areas of life.  In sports, it's a symbiotic relationship.  The media reports on sports, which helps build the popularity of the game, and that popularity drives demand for reports on the sport.

In the past (say last century), the media tried to separate themselves from the pack by developing sources and getting scoops over their competitors.  The other way was to be very knowledgeable and have fresh, quality takes and insights.

Now they seem to have gotten lazy.  Rather than just reporting the news, they try to create it.  The media will often try to create stories where organically, none exist.  Worse, it's not like the Giants are wrapping up another meaningless season, and there is nothing worth writing about.  The Giants clinched the playoffs; quality stories are plentiful.  Yet, they are so conditioned to try and manufacture news that they instinctively create false controversies. 

I mean, there are a couple of fans here at BBH who felt what KT did was wrong or in bad taste.  Yet, a solid majority saw nothing wrong.  I mean, you have the Colts' HC with his sour grapes, but I noticed Saturday conveniently "forgot" about his play with his cheap ugly hit on Daniel Jones' head.  For some reason, none of the media reported on that aspect because they figured going after KT makes for a bigger story and one they hope can keep on giving.

Couldn't agree more hence my distaste for the media in todays world

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 05, 2023, 08:59:27 AMRich,

Bob took over as the Giants beat writer for The Star-Ledger/NJ.com this season.

I know, but he came from Philly - took a buyout. 

Not slowing my roll

Giantleap56

I thought the snow angel celebration was a little weak KT's part. He needs a better celebration maybe a Brutus the Barber Strut or something of that sort.

I honestly think he didn't know The QB was hurt.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Giantleap56 on January 05, 2023, 10:21:43 AMI thought the snow angel celebration was a little weak KT's part. He needs a better celebration maybe a Brutus the Barber Strut or something of that sort.

I honestly think he didn't know The QB was hurt.

Can you imagine in todays NFL him double gunning or doing some of the stuff they did in the 80s!!!!????

Reporters and media today would lose their Fing minds

Jclayton92

100 dollars says this wouldn't have been as big of a problem or people wouldn't have been so soft on it if the Hamlin situation doesn't happen. That injury and the injury with foles while completely different has people viewing it differently in my opinion.

sxdxca38

I rewatched the KT hit on Foles.

In my opinion the hit was clean and nothing wrong with it.

Since KT was already on the floor, there was nothing wrong with his snow angel celebration.

However after celebrating for a few seconds KT does look over and see Foles on the ground withering in pain.

At that point he should have stopped and said hey are you okay?

If KT just did that, this would have been a non issue.

shadowspinner0

Who's Jeff Saturday??? Oh a former Center who happens to be a bad head coach, nothing to see here

TONKA56

"I don't like to just wrap the quarterback," he explained.

"I really try to make him see seven fingers when they hold up three. I'll drive my helmet into him, or if I can, I'll bring my arm up over my head and try to axe the sonuvabich in two. So long as the guy is holding the football, I intend to hurt him...if I hit the guy right, I'll hit a nerve and he'll feel electrocuted, he'll forget for a few seconds that he's on a football field."

-Lawrence Taylor