News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Off-season priority: Upgrading the QB Room

Started by andrew_nyGiants, January 10, 2023, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Can someone explain to me how Jones lost to the Eagles in a rout with all the starters at his command

Davis Webb had the Eagles by the NECK when time ran out on him playing with the second team players just a few weeks later

I'd love to hear this explaination "Lucy!!! You gottta lot of splainin to do!"
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

AZGiantFan

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 11, 2023, 12:52:05 PMCan someone explain to me how Jones lost to the Eagles in a rout with all the starters at his command

Davis Webb had the Eagles by the NECK when time ran out on him playing with the second team players just a few weeks later

Might have something to do with Hurts being Hurt.  With the Eagles scoring 22 pts in the second game but 48 points the first game

The Giants scored 22 points in the first game under Jones and 16 points in the second game under Webb.

How that spins into a Jones slam is beyond me.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 11, 2023, 12:52:05 PMCan someone explain to me how Jones lost to the Eagles in a rout with all the starters at his command

By the neck?  Giants were down 19-0 in the second half when the Eagles went into prevent mode trying out to run out the clock.  They were in control the entire game.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Sure.
Jones played horrible.
The RBs were better last week.
Webb had most of his success in one quarter. Some argue the Eagles were in prevent mode.